Ghost ring vs peep sight

Baddog

WKR
Looking to upgrade my sights. How much accuracy difference between a ghost ring and peep sight for those that have had both?

IdahoHntr

WKR
I'm definitely better off with the peep in most conditions, especially if you are trying to make longer shots. Low light a ghost ring makes things a little easier to see though. I like the Williams peep because if its tough to see in low-light you can always unscrew the peep (Takes just a few seconds) and the round peep housing operates just like a ghost ring. You get the best of both worlds that way. My point of impact does not change whether shooting with the peep in or out, just my aiming precision. I shoot tighter groups with the peep over the ghost ring.

Yeh I agree peeps are tighter in accuracy you’re poking 75 yards or further. I have a screw out aperture like Idaho mentions on my TC also and find for stand hunting I just leave the damn thing out. It’s so much easier to see game and the eye will still center the front dot in the larger hole.

Wrench

WKR
I just installed the Williams on my vortek rig. The ghost is great for bad light and the peep simply screws in.

The installation was the biggest pain as I had to mix parts and machine the rear base....but it's dialed now.