Glock 45 & 43x Red Dot Recommendation

NDGuy

WKR
Going to have them milled/optics cut and was curious what you all like on your Glocks.

Leaning Trijicon RMRcc on the 43x but for the 45 I am debating between the Holosun 509T/EPS, Aimpoint ACRO P2, and the RMR/SRO from Trijicon.

43x mostly EDC but carry it bowhunting as well. The 45 is my nightstand gun and would be more target shooting as well.

Last edited:

Avonac

Lil-Rokslider
Aimpoint Acro is well worth the money. I’m saying that and have about all the popular optics.

65Grendel

Lil-Rokslider
I have two, one with a RMR and one with a SRO. SRO is a little bigger and easier to find the dot. RMR is bomb proof. I wont use the Chinese Holosuns. They might be great, but I'll never trust my life with one.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
I have two, one with a RMR and one with a SRO. SRO is a little bigger and easier to find the dot. RMR is bomb proof. I wont use the Chinese Holosuns. They might be great, but I'll never trust my life with one.
The Holosuns have a nicer sight picture and a lot more features. But yes, Trijicon being American made and more battle proven.

The Aimpoint Acro seems to blow them both out of the water,

NSI

WKR
I love the 509t on my Glock 45. The acro p2 is the best money can buy, but much money will be required.

-J

the acro is apparently the new hotness in pistol sights.

i have tied a few others. Here are some tasting notes:

- vortex - too many of my vortex electronics have gone back for repairs for me to trust it for antisocial purposes
- Delta point pro. Works fine but requires stupid high back up irons on a glock, like too tall to work with half my glock holsters.
- RMR - battle proven, a little less easy to use than some other for me in terms of dot acquisition. The removing the sight to change the battery and then REzero is a massive pain in the ass. Can you say stripped screw? F$#k you trijicon.
- SRO - fantastic sight and it points very naturally for my grip / sight line. The round window is super intuitive. There is some well-documented durability issues (drop test anyone) that make this a competition only sight for me.
- Holosun - I have 2x 507c and a 507k. That 507k rides on a 365xl that is my primary carry gun now and the 507cs are on a glock 17 and 19. I actually prefer their sight picture to the Rmr. Have run them but not tortured them for the last year + I almost hate to say it, but they have been flawless. In the same timeframe I sent a vortex and and SRO back to be replace pad FWIW. throw in the lower costs and I am having a hard time not admitting that they are the best bang for the buck.

Bottom line is that I feel like the rmr has an edge over holosun for durability, but I don’t really know that is actually true. The price difference and slightly better ergonomics, pLuis the battery access definitely tilt me toward holosun.

Last edited:
Do tou actually have to do this with set screws and an optic cutout?
The only way to access the battery on an RMR, Rmr cc and a few others is from the bottom of the sight. So…you gotta un-mount the sight to change the battery.

I can’t say for sure, but there is enough POA shift that you probably need t reconfirm your zero when you remount it. Lots of tacticool folks will say that is a once a year thing At least for an antisocial fire arm. While you do that, I recommend you replace the hardware ($7 from CHPWS) Because those tiny screws can get worn out quick.

I changed mine last week and sure enough I stripped the head on one of the torques screws so now I gotta drill it out and replace it, etc. and in the meanwhile my gun is off line.

Bottom line: If someone came out with a sight that had rmr level reliability and a holosun or SRO type battery door, I would sell my rmrs and never look back.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Bottom line: If someone came out with a sight that had rmr level reliability and a holosun or SRO type battery door, I would sell my rmrs and never look back.
I'm leaning towards the RMRcc for my 43x and the SRO for my 45.

The SRO has the same footprint as the RMR and I would imagine the next RMR Trijicon makes will have a little redesign with the battery placement on top. So down the road should be easy swap.

My 45 is my nightstand gun so not like I am banging it around all the time so not extremely worried about the lesser durability of the SRO.

Avonac

Lil-Rokslider
I'm leaning towards the RMRcc for my 43x and the SRO for my 45.

The SRO has the same footprint as the RMR and I would imagine the next RMR Trijicon makes will have a little redesign with the battery placement on top. So down the road should be easy swap.

My 45 is my nightstand gun so not like I am banging it around all the time so not extremely worried about the lesser durability of the SRO.
I would stay away from the RMRcc. They way it fits with the adapter plate is ridiculous. I’m whatever on Holosun, but I’d pick it over the RMRcc. I have both and can post a pick if you need.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
I would stay away from the RMRcc. They way it fits with the adapter plate is ridiculous. I’m whatever on Holosun, but I’d pick it over the RMRcc. I have both and can post a pick if you need.
No plates, I’m having it milled to fit direct