Gloves?

Looking to add some gloves to my kit this year. I'm not brand loyal so looking for suggestions.
I hunt the nw so water resistent/proof is a plus.
But would be willing to get 2 pair. One trays water proof and another for general wear when not raining.
What do u guys suggest??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
I don't have any waterproof gloves, but for general hand protection I love my kuiu Merino gloves. Lightweight enough to wear all day in the early season and fit really well. I wear gloves all day long to protect from scratching on brush and general abuse.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

A pair of Dickie rubberized face, fabric back work gloves work excellent for mountain hunting in August and early Sept. Costco sells them by the six pack for $15 in BC. 3 pair are black and 3 red on the fabric...the rubberized sections being black. Tough, grippy, adequately warm and give away cheap.

My other pair are usually KUIU Guide Gloves. I like em but they are pricey. Wringe out the water if wet and continue wearing them.

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the Yukon Pro's and like them so far. It's just an outer shell so you'd have to have a liner for colder temps but they're decent.

I have kuiu. I run a lightweight outer. Don't know what they are called anymore. Names have changed since I bought mine along with the Merino inner. Best gloves for hunting i have had. You will pay for them though.

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using deerskin gloves the past few years in Michigan and love them. You have to get a good USA made pair that is thick but they're unlike anything I've used. I've had them on in 70° downpours and 15° still hunts. I wouldn't use them to sit before freezing but if I'm moving I always have them on.

CMR4

FNG
I hate gloves. I run First Lite fingerless merinos when I have to have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a general purpose glove that's fairly inexpensive, can take a lot of abuse, and can survive plenty of washings, it's really hard to beat polyurethane dipped dyneema gloves. I use mine for automotive work, material handling, landscaping, anything where I'm worried about scrapes or cuts. I still have my original couple of pairs I bought years ago. When they get dirty I wash & rotate them. The grey/tan ones are pretty neutral colored. I wouldn't pay too much attention to brand between Great White, G-Tek (what I have), and MCR Safety. Shop around.

Dyneema Gloves

As far as waterproof goes you won't find much, if anything, out there that's waterproof but not insulated unless you just get leather gloves. The closest you could probably come is the KUIU Yukons. KUIU makes very nice gloves.

mcseal2

WKR
Warm I like the Sitka Core gloves, and I also like them as a liner to my Kuiu Glassing mittens during real cold dryish sits.

Cool and dry I like the Sitka Gradient gloves. They are probably the ones I use most. With them I have the dexterity to shoot my AR and run my FoxPro remote while staying warm enough for 20-40 minutes of inactivity for example, yet they aren't to hot when moving.

Cold and wet I like the Sitka GTX whitetail gloves. They are pretty waterproof and real warm, but not as easy to run triggers and buttons with. It works but I have to be more careful and look at the remote for example, not just run it by feel.

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
I hate gloves. I run First Lite fingerless merinos when I have to have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like these a lot, as well. I also have a pair of their big mittens, whatever they’re called. I’ve found that, if it’s early in the season and it’s going to be cool and raining, I’ll take out the wool insert from the big ones and wear the shell over the fingerless since it’s waterproof. Then I still have dexterity if I need to shoot, or something, but slipping the shell off.

WJS23

WKR
+2 for the firstlite fingerless gloves I wear them for everything