GM Mechanics?

Any GM mechanics in here that could help me with code p0446 (evap vent valve)? When the code first appeared, I did some research and replaced the evap vent canister and solenoid, and re-routed the vent box with 5/8" heater hose to a location above the transmission. I cleared the code on Sunday, and the check engine light came back on today. I checked the code again, and it's the same thing. Do I have to blow out the line between the valve/solenoid and the charcoal canister? Or is it possible that the charcoal canister is bad?

You've got a vacuum leak more then likely. If you've got one available a smoke tester is your best friend. Blow it in - see where it leaks out.

Not sure if GM uses them but my wife jeep got a 446 when her vacuum test pump (I don't remember the exact name) went bad.

Could be a gas cap - more likely a hose that's either fallen of or rotted through. Recheck the routing of everything pay particular attention to the hoses right at mechanical connections that is usually where they rot thru.

Back