go ruck macv-2 experience?

wildcat33

WKR
Anyone tried these?

Im looking for a minimalist boot that has substantial leather to ward off cactus, but NOT waterproof, and light. These seem like just the ticket.

The main criticism I read from reddit and other places was mostly that these are not real combat boots like belleville danner mccrae etc., thats fine with me. I dont need the sky-high tops.

MBAlex

FNG
I’ve tried them, I think it was a previous version of them.

I liked the concept etc, but found the sole/tread sucked. ANY water or slipperiness underfoot would cause me to slip and lose footing. If they had a more aggressive tread they’d be great.

OP
wildcat33

wildcat33

WKR
I’ve tried them, I think it was a previous version of them.

I liked the concept etc, but found the sole/tread sucked. ANY water or slipperiness underfoot would cause me to slip and lose footing. If they had a more aggressive tread they’d be great.
Thanks. Was this the sole you had?
1714490194953.png

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Anyone tried these?

Im looking for a minimalist boot that has substantial leather to ward off cactus, but NOT waterproof, and light. These seem like just the ticket.

The main criticism I read from reddit and other places was mostly that these are not real combat boots like belleville danner mccrae etc., thats fine with me. I dont need the sky-high tops.

They are not minimalist shoes. Quite a bit of arch support. Also, the upper around the angle is stiff material.

OP
wildcat33

wildcat33

WKR
Im not a purist. Sub "minimalist" for "simple". No goretex, quick drying, no need for crampon-stiff shank. Dry climate summer boot is what Im after.