Good buck?

johnnycake

Lil-Rokslider
Stopping and looking at it to put numbers down I come up with 13" length, 3.5" prong, and probably 15-16" of mass per side. So 63-64".

SwiftShot

WKR
I am no expert at all. I judge by fork above the ear. The higher the better. He is above the ear. I would pop him.

OP
D
Thanks all. I agree with the sentiment about shooting what makes you happy. Season is closed, so I'm just posting out of curiosity.

stonewall

WKR
Thanks all. I agree with the sentiment about shooting what makes you happy. Season is closed, so I'm just posting out of curiosity.
I think he's about 70. looks like pretty good mass, and I'm thinking probably decent cutters though hard to tell in the pics
13" long
18" mass (6,6,3.5,2.5)
4" prong

TaperPin

WKR
Some years that might be all you can get, other years you’ll turn down 5 of those every day. He’s a good example of why it’s important to do a lot of glassing at least a day or two prior to the season - if there’s not a buck his size after two days, it might be necessary to adjust expectations.

He‘s a little short and prongs are short. It can be deceptive because he’s narrow and that can make him look longer than he really is. He also has what I think of as thick tips, which can make him look longer at first glance. Clear white tips score a little more than you think, and thick black tips not so much.