Got my new toy today at a locally owned archery shop!

I haven't archery hunted for over 25 years. I believe in supporting local businesses when possible. Early this week, I went to a locally owned archery shop instead of a big box store to get new equipment. I met the owner of the shop and told him I was looking for a compound bow for hunting and that I was essentially a brand new archer. The owner sold me a Darton Cyclone compound bow at a very good price (no internet price could beat the price), the essential accessories and 2 free lessons. Today, I returned to the shop for a bow fitting. A shooting coach spent over an hour with me, testing different trigger releases and making adjustments. Although there was no mention of the 2 free lessons in their computer or on paper, they honored the verbal agreement and set up the appt for my first lesson. An enjoyable experience on my part and the shop now has a loyal customer! Looking forward to the archery season.

Attachments

• 20240207_205347.jpg
    20240207_205347.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 20240207_205410.jpg
    20240207_205410.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 68

Louro

FNG
Congratulations on your new bow. Small archery shops are the way to go they always take good care of you, at least that have been my experience in more than one occasion.

Ehunter56

FNG
Welcome back to archery. Sounds like you have a very good shop there. Great deal and great instruction. Sadly, that's not the case in a lot of areas. Was looking at bows in a locally owned store a few years back, and even the owners personal bow was a mess. Cams out of time, arrow pointing off to the side, etc. Have no idea how he hunted with that thing. lol

Congrats on the setup and finding an outstanding bow shop to deal with. We have a few here in Eastern Idaho that are outstanding, one especially under new ownership.