GPS watch recommendation?

Any recommendations on a watch/gps? My bro n law likes his Garmin instinct. I am looking for something with a first and foremost reliable gps, good battery life, under $500. The more health features the better. Thank you in advance!

I'm a fan of my Instinct 2. Good enough feature set, easy enough to use. I bought it as an impulse buy when Costco had them on sale and have been very pleased with it.

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Fenix 5 and it is solid. It just works and I have never had an issue. GPS is solid and works for my training.

tdhanses

WKR
Above your price range but I really like my Apple Ultra but downside is battery life is about 2 days, my old Garmin Instinct would easily last 2 weeks between charges and never failed, it was super reliable but I just got bored with it over time. Now it’s just a backup watch.

If you can find a Fenix 5 or 6 new, they are pretty good watches. My 5x Sapphire is going on 5 years, I think, and numerous mountain bike crashes, other than a small decline in battery life and a wonky charging system (the design....gotta keep it clean) it is still going strong. I think I am on the 4th band now.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Garmin instinct user. GPS works if I need it. Has health tracking features and I can log miles and track health data through their app. Bomb proof. I went tubing on the lake and it was in or around water for 4 hours.

Works great

CB4

WKR
I have a Garmin Fenix 6X Pro. It was a hand me down. Prior to having this I never could stand wearing a watch. Now I can't go a day without it. Had an apple watch years ago I never liked. Basspro has the solar version on sale for $400 which is a decent deal. I would also search facebook marketplace, usually some good deals on there.

OP
S
Thanks for the responses! I did see that fenix 6 solar is on sale for $399....big difference between the instinct and the fenix 6? I'm not penny pinching and seems the $399 is a damn good deal but like most I can get easily carried away buying hunting gear lol.

Thanks for the responses! I did see that fenix 6 solar is on sale for $399....big difference between the instinct and the fenix 6? I'm not penny pinching and seems the $399 is a damn good deal but like most I can get easily carried away buying hunting gear lol.
Functionality they're pretty similar.

Color display vs black and white. And higher resolution.

If the Fenix is in your budget, it's the one I'd get.

8grenade

FNG
I'd pick Garmin, but there's also Casio GPR-B1000 to consider. As far as I know it has the functions you've mentioned, but I don't have one so better confirm.