GPS watch recommendation?

Came here to mention the Fenix 6X. Looks like you already made the right decision. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

rlmmarine

WKR
Thank you all for the recommendation and pointing out cabelas sale just picked up the instinct solar for 31$ after points
Thanks again

Bringing this back up. Anyone try out the Instinct 2X? Looks like it got some additional features like the multi frequency GPS, a flashlight, and unlimited battery life on solar. No maps but honestly I would probably use onx or similar if I needed more than the breadcrumb trail. Anyone try it yet?

Marlin604

FNG
I've had my Garmin Instinct 2X solar since June. Absolutely love it.
I previously had a couple WearOS smart watches by Fossil. They were ok watches, but the batter life was horrible, had to charge every night. The Garmin has only been charged a handful of times in 5 months!

2ski

WKR
Any black Friday garmin deals?

I've had a garmin 742 or whatever for about 5/6 years and like it. I also have a Samsung watch and rarely use it because you have to charge it so much. I want to get a new one that pairs with my dog's GPS collar. Would love a fenix 7 but the budget isn't there. Who knew I'd put more into my dogs hunting and training gear than my own. So it's probably an instinct.

Tahoe1305

WKR

I've had a garmin 742 or whatever for about 5/6 years and like it. I also have a Samsung watch and rarely use it because you have to charge it so much. I want to get a new one that pairs with my dog's GPS collar. Would love a fenix 7 but the budget isn't there. Who knew I'd put more into my dogs hunting and training gear than my own. So it's probably an instinct.
You. Most places have them 20% off right now. Other deals may stack too.

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider

Depending on which model and where you buy it you can get a good deal. I just picked up an Epix Gen 2 that normally lists for $1,099 and between the sale, Cabela’s card discounts and cash back on my card I got it for $750.

I thought I seen the Fenix 6x pro solar was gonna be at Bass pro for $399. They have some flavor of the 7 for $499 also

I've had my Garmin Instinct 2X solar since June. Absolutely love it.
I previously had a couple WearOS smart watches by Fossil. They were ok watches, but the batter life was horrible, had to charge every night. The Garmin has only been charged a handful of times in 5 months!
I ended up going with the instinct 2x solar also and it is the absolutely awesome. It doesn't quite get infinite battery because I usually track an activity every day but it goes weeks without charging and does everything I want it to do. The light on it too is incredibly handy

TSAMP

WKR
Bump incase anybody is aware of deals. My garmin finally died so its forced my hand. Looking like an instinct 2 or fenix is in my future.

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
Bump incase anybody is aware of deals. My garmin finally died so its forced my hand. Looking like an instinct 2 or fenix is in my future.
Garmin is having a holiday sale where most of their stuff on their site and at their vendors is on sale for the same price. I bought through Cabela’s to take advantage of their 15% off Mondays and club point.

TSAMP

WKR
Garmin is having a holiday sale where most of their stuff on their site and at their vendors is on sale for the same price. I bought through Cabela’s to take advantage of their 15% off Mondays and club point.
Thanks. I'm eyeballing some of the refurbished Amazon ones for a decent discount

hammerco

FNG
Thanks. I'm eyeballing some of the refurbished Amazon ones for a decent discount
I've had really good luck with Amazon Renewed, both for phones and watches (my last watch, an Instinct, was one). I did notice that you'll see things called "Refurbished" and others "Renewed". Afaik, the Renewed ones have Amazon's coverage, but things labeled Refurbished don't, at least based on what I see in the listings. Seemed worth having the return coverage to me.

I love my garmin instinct. Its took me to the exact tree i planned to hunt in the complete dark, i highly recommend it.

Tenstrike

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks to everyone that posted on this topic, I am in the market for a watch to track activity since my cheap Fitbit broke. From the info here I decided to go with the Garmin Instinct for $169.