Grain free dog food??

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
My vet just told me it's bad for dogs. I swear she said it was good for dogs a few years ago. Anyone know the facts???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rob5589

WKR
Like said above, linked to heart issues. Like you, several years ago it was the thing. Got our current dog and it was 180* different.

Dos XX

WKR

Last edited:

golfbum

WKR
Grain free isn’t the issue, it’s that most grain free foods use loads of potatoes or lentils which are actually worse then grains. If you have a pet that does not tolerate grains looks for a food that is not loaded with potatoes/lentils and you will be fine. With that said, most grain free that doesn’t include those is super expensive, and you would be better off (cheaper and healthier) feeding a raw or premade raw diet excluding grains.

I have had excellent results with pro plan and victor grain inclusive feed.

Super tag

WKR
That’s just f—n great what next, is there any dependable information available anymore?

ofl0926

WKR
Grain free isn’t the issue, it’s that most grain free foods use loads of potatoes or lentils which are actually worse then grains. If you have a pet that does not tolerate grains looks for a food that is not loaded with potatoes/lentils and you will be fine. With that said, most grain free that doesn’t include those is super expensive, and you would be better off (cheaper and healthier) feeding a raw or premade raw diet excluding grains.

I have had excellent results with pro plan and victor grain inclusive feed.

Very true.
There is a website to read the reviews and ingredients of the dog food. You can read all the ingredients and what is exactly in your dog food.

www.dogfoodadvisor.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellsdw

WKR
we looked Into it because of allergies. It seems most vets we talked to recommended high quality “normal dog food” over grain free. The one that did was a bit out there on everything else. we settled in on one that worked for all 3 dogs, but it took some trial and error. Just be patient.

gbflyer

WKR
We make food for our meat head lab. He’s allergic to everything except fish and a couple other things.

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
My wife is a veterinarian. From what I remember her saying going grain free usually isn’t the right choice for a dog.

Jethro

WKR
Our vet makes the grain decision based on breed. We have a boxer and vet has always recommended we use food with grains. We use Taste of the Wild brand.