Granite Mtn. Hotshot Benefit

Schmitty

FNG
Fellow Rokslide members:

I have been a longtime lurker, and recently registered as a member. Please forgive my first post being an "advertisement", but I feel that this is an appropriate venue to share this information.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Craig Schmitt and I am a FF/Paramedic with the Prescott Fire Dept. in AZ. As most of you know, we lost all but one of of our Type 1 Interagency Hotshot Crew on 6/30/13 when they were burned over on the Yarnell Hill Fire.

Tonight, all of the local conservation groups have banded together to put on a "mega banquet" to raise funds for the families of the fallen. It should be an incredible event, with over $250,000 worth of hunts, fishing trips,guns, etc. donated to the event. Details regarding the event can be found at: www.yarnell19banquet.com.

Obviously, very few of you will be able to actually attend the banquet in person. However, I would like to invite all of you to participate in the live auction which will be streamed online. There are some fantastic items up for bid and every dollar raised goes to help support the families. Information on how to sign up for the auction can be found at: http://www.worldliveauctions.com/servlet/Search.do?auctionId=726

Thanks again to everybody for their incredible generosity and support.

Craig Schmitt
PFD FF/CEP
Prescott FF Charities

Maah Daah Hey

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome! I can't imagine a better way to introduce yourself! That is an extremely worthy cause and am glad there is a way to contribute from half the country away.

OP
S

Schmitty

FNG
Thanks to all who participated for their generosity and support!

It was a tremendous event with almost 800 VERY generous sportsman attending. I haven't heard the final $ total, but I know it's well north of $200,000.

I'd like to give a big thank you to the committee, volunteers and attendees from all of us here at the PFD/PFFC.

Schmitty