Greenland was Great!

Had the chance to go to Greenland on a combo hunt and had a great time! Went with Karsten of Lings Hunting Greenland.

Landed in Kangerlussuaq midday and was out hunting that afternoon. Found a few herds of musk ox and an big old worn horn hard boss bull I couldn’t pass!

low light so video and picture quality was not the best-

OP
wildwilderness
Next Day I was out for caribou. This area has the Greenlandic caribou which is categorized as Central Canadian Barren Ground by P&Y country wide. B&C doesn’t recognize it since reindeer have been introduced to southern Greenland and grow bigger. SCI takes the middle ground and categorizes caribou North of Nuuk as CCBG.

Needless to say I have a hard time trophy hunting and went after the first decent bull we could find!

The caribou cooperated perfectly. It happens fast so we didn’t get the shot on video but this is right after what we saw-

Very cool! What was your bow and arrow setup? Plans for a mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
wildwilderness
There actually isn’t a limit to how many you can shoot depending on how many permits the outfitter has. So I wanted to go after another musk ox with the extra time.

we spent a day taking care of the animals and another scouting a new area Karsten had seen a big bull n the summer. No luck finding that herd but had fun with his suppressed subsonic 22!!

5BE55B78-3EF3-48CA-90CE-79A1BB4ED9DD.jpeg6EAE9B3B-DB90-4FA9-837B-92A45A80B86A.jpeg

OP
wildwilderness
The next day we got onto a nice bull and the stalk was on-

I got of the first shot rushed and punched the trigger with my cold hand . I then put a second arrow in and flipped it off the string and the nock came out! I had to put it down and warm up my hand to get it all back for the second shot 😂

Clarktar

WKR
Nice!! I'd like to do a musk ox hunt someday! It's my son's favorite animal and he wants one on the wall he said. A father must comply.

AKDoc

WKR
Thanks for sharing your experience, I enjoyed it. Beautiful animals in a wonderful setting...kind of looks like home, huh? I've spent a week in Iceland, but have only flown over Greenland...and it looked totally amazing from the air! Well done guy!