Grizzlies in the bighorns

Wyo_hntr

WKR

It was a matter of time with the growing population and inability to manage the animals by the state. It would appear the GYE is full and younger bears are wandering further.

You think anyone will advise the leftist judges up in Montana that Grizzlies in the GYE are "recovered"? It's actually a testament on how well the ESA works, but for some reason they (radical animal rights leftists) won't accept it.

EdP

WKR
The radical animal rights folks won't accept any predator control measures until the predators are in their own back yards.

Smoke10

FNG
I've also heard rumors of them being seen in the Bighorns the last couple years. I'm not surprised as they have been moving farther into the Wyoming range as well.

WDO

FNG
I wouldn't really consider Ten Sleep "the Big Horns." It's more prairie to me. It's at an even lower elevation than Denver.
dude, if they made it to ten sleep, they made it to the bighorns. Ten sleep is less than 10 miles from the face

dude, if they made it to ten sleep, they made it to the bighorns. Ten sleep is less than 10 miles from the face

There's a grizz bear living in the Shields River Valley. Would you say he has made it to the Crazies?

Would you say the Nez Perce made it to Canada?

Would you say the 2021/22 Bills made it to the Super Bowl?

WDO

FNG
There's a grizz bear living in the Shields River Valley. Would you say he has made it to the Crazies?

Would you say the Nez Perce made it to Canada?

Would you say the 2021/22 Bills made it to the Super Bowl?
I would assume yes, if a grizzly was in the Shields River Valley, it probably made it to the Crazies.

As for the other two questions. I mean its of apples and oranges. Maybe not the Nez Perce, but another tribe did. And for the Bills, clearly a distinguishable answer.

All that said, you may be right in the end, maybe the bear didnt make it to the face of the mountain. But I think thats unlikely if it made it that far east without going into the Bighorns.

So I guess we're arguing that the one grizzly who happened to be caught killing livestock made it 75+ miles across the 'prairie,' but just happened to be killed as he stopped for a bite 10 miles from the base of the mountains before he made it? Similar story with the other confirmed grizzly in the Pryor's (essentially an extension of the Bighorns to the north)?

It's obvious that the bears are expanding their range in dramatic fashion due to population numbers, some semantic argument about whether Ten Sleep is close enough to the mountains seems ridiculous.

Who said there are multiple throughout the range?

Did you read the article in the first post? It's literally the first sentence.

"Confirming stories and rumors that have been circulating for years about grizzlies in Wyoming’s Bighorn Mountains, game agents Monday confirmed a grizzly there when they killed a bear that had attacked cattle south of Ten Sleep."

Did you read the article in the first post? It's literally the first sentence.

"Confirming stories and rumors that have been circulating for years about grizzlies in Wyoming’s Bighorn Mountains, game agents Monday confirmed a grizzly there when they killed a bear that had attacked cattle south of Ten Sleep."
Confirmation bias. Rumors circulated of grizzlies in the Little Belts over two decades ago, but no one could ever show a photo of a bear or track. When some were actually verified it was all “see I told you!”