Grizzly attacks in SW Montana

Good friend just texted me about some attacks in SW Montana. He's a solid source (has close friends and family there), but I checked the news, too. He said one was pretty bad. Be safe out there if you're chasing elk!

OK, FIRST thing to do is contact the "Grizzly Union" and ask for your local Griz Rep, best place to start the discussion because they WANT "something" …..

K

Kootenay Hunter

Old news

This is like the 4th or 5th thread started on this, as you can see, the article was published 10 days ago

dgarrett

Lil-Rokslider
Montana didn't even try and have a season... Idaho and Wyoming were the only ones and the bunny huggers went Judge shopping again to get it stopped... These fake Judges take every other experts testimony in court as gospel but not the wildlife officials that are just as expert in their fields as any crime lab investigator....They did the same with the wolves and now the grizzlies... The feds and F and G have been systematically taking bears out of the greater yellowstone region and planting them across the state... They decided to keep this as quiet as possible after their wolf criticism... This has been going on for many years now..The fix for all this is get rid of the endangered species act ... It has been abused since day one... Exercise States right to the wildlife Even if it takes a supreme court ruling... Make all head wildlife position in all states an elected position... No more of Left wing environmental Govenors appointing antihunting personel to pay back the enviromental and animal right crazies supporters they got to get elected....

LK2HNT

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds very very political, Wow. This is another reason why I love Alaska. I can hunt Bears Brown and Black, hell I can take 5 blacks at my bait station and 2 Grizz. How many hunters, hikers, campers have to get mauled before something happens?.

dgarrett

Lil-Rokslider
In August some time I heard they had the roads closed in that general area because beef cattle got into some Toxic weed that killed a number of them... The story I was told that the road was closed because of all the bear activity on the carcasses... This may very well be the catalyst for this but who knows... When a species like a grizzly has not been hunted and has no fear and was raised in yelowstone around people ...I would leave the bear spray home and pack the 44 mag... The Judge that stopped the hunt must think that hunters or anyone outdoors lives are worth less then a grizzly bears... I don't think this makes for a Judge I would want on the bench in any trial .. Not qualified enough for parking court

They estimate around 700 bears in the Yellowstone area. That's almost the estimated number of wolves in all of Idaho, and we know how that problem has shaken down. Wolves avoid people at any cost, Grizzlies on the other hand....

Grizzly numbers back a few decades ago was the way to go. Our forefathers were not idiots. Now we have an exuberant abundance of idiots, yay!

dgarrett

Lil-Rokslider
You can not believe the numbers and the crazy zombie methods they use to determine those numbers....The Grizzly population is probably at least 3 times the numbers they state... Wouldn't want to work themselves out of a job.... They put up barbed wire around a bait... Collect hair and DNA... How many they collect separate DNA on.... that is the population numbers they use.... They did the same thing with wolves here... Stated on the news every day that their was like 9 breeding packs from here to the Idaho border... At that time I was Lion Hunting 120 days a winter... There were 9 breeding packs within 30 miles of my house.... It seems a real shame that the Montana F and G cut the hunters throats (who pay for 100% of their wages and benefits and all of wildlife management) All for a short term windfall of Federal Fish and Wildlife money and to hire 10-12 more people on the wolf reintroduction... The States F and G Department at least here I feel is more anti hunting the the Siera Club.. What a shame they don't appreciate and understand who and what they should be fighting for and who and what they should be fighting against...

Okhotnik

WKR
Montana didn't even try and have a season... Idaho and Wyoming were the only ones and the bunny huggers went Judge shopping again to get it stopped... These fake Judges take every other experts testimony in court as gospel but not the wildlife officials that are just as expert in their fields as any crime lab investigator....They did the same with the wolves and now the grizzlies... The feds and F and G have been systematically taking bears out of the greater yellowstone region and planting them across the state... They decided to keep this as quiet as possible after their wolf criticism... This has been going on for many years now..The fix for all this is get rid of the endangered species act ... It has been abused since day one... Exercise States right to the wildlife Even if it takes a supreme court ruling... Make all head wildlife position in all states an elected position... No more of Left wing environmental Govenors appointing antihunting personel to pay back the enviromental and animal right crazies supporters they got to get elected....

Charles post, former sitka rep, pushed for a grizzly hunting ban

Okhotnik

WKR
They estimate around 700 bears in the Yellowstone area. That's almost the estimated number of wolves in all of Idaho, and we know how that problem has shaken down. Wolves avoid people at any cost, Grizzlies on the other hand....

Grizzly numbers back a few decades ago was the way to go. Our forefathers were not idiots. Now we have an exuberant abundance of idiots, yay!

wolves have no fear of humans in Oregon, Washington , Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan were management is banned.

Some of the urban Coloradans on here can't wait for wolf introductions and would imagine grizzly introduction

You can not believe the numbers and the crazy zombie methods they use to determine those numbers....The Grizzly population is probably at least 3 times the numbers they state... Wouldn't want to work themselves out of a job.... They put up barbed wire around a bait... Collect hair and DNA... How many they collect separate DNA on.... that is the population numbers they use.... They did the same thing with wolves here... Stated on the news every day that their was like 9 breeding packs from here to the Idaho border... At that time I was Lion Hunting 120 days a winter... There were 9 breeding packs within 30 miles of my house.... It seems a real shame that the Montana F and G cut the hunters throats (who pay for 100% of their wages and benefits and all of wildlife management) All for a short term windfall of Federal Fish and Wildlife money and to hire 10-12 more people on the wolf reintroduction... The States F and G Department at least here I feel is more anti hunting the the Siera Club.. What a shame they don't appreciate and understand who and what they should be fighting for and who and what they should be fighting against...

I know their numbers are complete bullshit. Even their bullshit estimation numbers are alarming.
wolves have no fear of humans in Oregon, Washington , Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan were management is banned.

Some of the urban Coloradans on here can't wait for wolf introductions and would imagine grizzly introduction

Yup, those states are like gun free zones to mass shooters for wolves. I just wish they would run wild on the streets of Portland where I'm from.

kiddogy

WKR

maybe there were less idiots back then cause the grizzlies et em all.

could it be man needs the predators to weed out our idiots??????????:unsure:😁