Gun Bearer

I hike with trekking poles and would like to use then while gun hunting. The area I hike is really rocky in places and I am often on side hills in oak brush or other brush. I slip a lot and the poles really help. Even with then I will take a fall almost every time out. Actually fell and snapped a pole a few weeks ago. I run into deer sometimes and would like easy access to my gun. Is the Kifaru gun bearer the best option for me?

I tried the gun bearer and didn't care for it much. I just slip the barrel through one of the top straps and use a quick clip around the pistol grip. I can reach back with one hand and release the quick clip slip the rifle down and have it shouldered in less than a second. It rides there secure while I'm navigating the rough stuff and is quickly retrievable when needed.
suhu9a4u.jpg

Buster

WKR
I'd like to see more pics of your system, you can include that curly thing in them too.

OP
MuleyFever
Got it figured out last night. Took some webbing and a buckle and ran a loop on the webbing at the bottom of the pack. Works great, easy to get the gun. You saved me at least $30.

OP
MuleyFever
Had some ask about this so I thought I would share how I copied Mikes idea. This is how I added a strap to the bottom webbing on my DT2.
[B[/B]
Run the barrel of the gun through the top side strap of the pack and buckle the stock in at the bottom. Easy to reach back and release the buckle and let the gun drop out of the top strap. You just have to leave that top strap loose.