Harkila clothing

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody ever use Harkila clothing? Looks to be very expensive and they seem to be using Gore products.

Dobermann

WKR
Extreme threadromancy ... but wanted to keep this all in one place, and looks like we don't have too many mentions of Harkila here.

Just happened to see one of their jackets on a video from Tier One in the UK, and he tends to run pretty high-quality kit.

Anyone else used it?: https://harkila.com/en-150/shop

Harkila is superb for jackets and pants. Single solutions that are waterproof and soft so no extra waterproof layer that is also noisy when you move. Surprised it has not caught on in the US. Worth the price including extra for shipping. Seeland also great.

JP100

WKR
Had plenty of clients with Harkila.

Generally I would say its well made clothing, but expensive. Most of the fabrics choices are soft face and many are soft faced waterproofs.

Which are great for stalking, but in a back pack hunting sense they are often quite heavy/bulky, and can be very warm(not made for active hunting).
Really good for their intended use, which is the typical style of hunting in most of Europe, ie stand Hunting, slow stalking.

Wouldn't be my choice for back pack hunting

Cant argue with all your comments. Expensive it is but so is two sets of sitka gear compared to single set of Harkila. Depending on the line of Harkila and Seeland (same company) they can be warm and not for active hunting and designed for that inctive or less active hunting in colder temps. Sitting in a high stand in Europe or wating on a drive can get cold. I have tracked whitetail for miles over Maine mountains and I deem that active in snow and wet or dry, all temps, or active hunting in the active hunting models of both Harkila and Seeland and the thigh air zippers and under arm zippers are designed to release heat and then close up when things slow up or temps drop. All dry as a bone from weather. It all depends on the model or line of any manufacturer. The Sitka line was great on my elk hunt in NM at 10k ft with a start and finish 3 mile hike back to 8k ft since it was active hunting but we were fortunate it did not rain or snow or get too cold when it was dark after having an animal down. Great discussion and opportunity to learn others experiences especially with gear so I don't find out on the mountain during a hunt!

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
Cant argue with all your comments. Expensive it is but so is two sets of sitka gear compared to single set of Harkila. Depending on the line of Harkila and Seeland (same company) they can be warm and not for active hunting and designed for that inctive or less active hunting in colder temps. Sitting in a high stand in Europe or wating on a drive can get cold. I have tracked whitetail for miles over Maine mountains and I deem that active in snow and wet or dry, all temps, or active hunting in the active hunting models of both Harkila and Seeland and the thigh air zippers and under arm zippers are designed to release heat and then close up when things slow up or temps drop. All dry as a bone from weather. It all depends on the model or line of any manufacturer. The Sitka line was great on my elk hunt in NM at 10k ft with a start and finish 3 mile hike back to 8k ft since it was active hunting but we were fortunate it did not rain or snow or get too cold when it was dark after having an animal down. Great discussion and opportunity to learn others experiences especially with gear so I don't find out on the mountain during a hunt!

In a nut shell

Glendine.