Votes: 7 9.2%
  • 7mm-08 20 inch 1:9

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • 7mm rem mag 22 inch 1:9

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • 308 Win 20 inch 1:10

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters
That’s impressive. This was in the 2016 timeframe. I agree that the actions are less than impressive and the stocks remind me of the factory Tikka stock too. I’d rather buy a Sako for the money.
Which stocks remind you of factory tikka’s? The new FFT? The BA Tactical? I have owned tikka’s and sakos and the CA stocks are better than both. These new FFT stocks are pretty dang impressive.

USMC-40

WKR
Which stocks remind you of factory tikka’s? The new FFT? The BA Tactical? I have owned tikka’s and sakos and the CA stocks are better than both. These new FFT stocks are pretty dang impressive.
I’m probably dating myself, but it was on a titanium action/carbon barrel model from 2016.

I’ll step away from the discussion as it sounds like they have tightened up their product line.

mwf008

Lil-Rokslider
My 300 WSM FFT has 60 rounds through it. Best groups have been under 1/2 MOA with factory Norma, but I have to REALLY focus and make sure my fundamentals are sound with the rifle being so light. Shot a couple of 2 MOA groups being lazy… these light rifles can be unforgiving.

I would consider the new Howa carbon rifles as well. Great set ups for the price. Have one in 308 and it has served me well in sheep mountains.

Are you hand loading for the 280ai? I really have been considering one but cannot find rifle primers anywhere or factory ammo available online.

8097CB25-97B1-49E2-860D-C351A571FB2F.jpeg
Just picked up my Mesa, I didn’t notice the nick in the brake when I looked it over doing the paperwork. I’d assume it’ll affect accuracy right? I don’t worry about most things but if it affects accuracy I’ll be bummed. I’ll send the pictures over to CA and get their take too.

JD Jones

WKR
Are you hand loading for the 280ai? I really have been considering one but cannot find rifle primers anywhere or factory ammo available online.
If that was directed at me, yes hand loading although I have used Hendershots in the past

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
My 300 WSM FFT has 60 rounds through it. Best groups have been under 1/2 MOA with factory Norma, but I have to REALLY focus and make sure my fundamentals are sound with the rifle being so light. Shot a couple of 2 MOA groups being lazy… these light rifles can be unforgiving.
For sure.

Zwsipe34

FNG
Have you shot suppressed with the 300 WSM FFT?

Zwsipe34

FNG
Nothing that I have firsthand experience with but seems like there is potential for a lot of unburnt powder building up in the can. Is this something you’ve seen?

I have been down the Christensen road before - as has my brother. Both rifles shot patterns rather than groups and Christensen was less than helpful. Find a better option…
I agree and I’m not the guy to bash any company.. I have (3) Christensen rifles
1st is a pre mass production rifle back when they used remy actions in .325 WSM.. tack driver
2nd is a .308 ridgeline action floppy and just over 1” group
3rd traverse in 7mag shoots OK only because it’s VERY temperature sensative and still not thrilled of the action feel.