Help rough field score this buck.

He stood me up today and didn't show up. He's been showing up in the afternoon on the doe herd. So I got up above the herd in the morning and watched them all day. I froze my toes and fingers nearly off. I'm not giving up yet

Great buck and would say in 170s and I wouldn't hesitate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Had to head home last night to see my family for a refresher. It was nice to not sleep in the back of a jeep grand Cherokee in 15 degree weather as well. I brought some cheap "down" pants for Amazon that helped yesterday. Also been super happy with my kryptek vellus setup. Thanks for the support from everyone, helps when I'm freezing and waiting for Mr. Ghost to arrive.

Has anyone ditched a spotter and tripod when the put a stalk on and then come back later to get? There has been zero other hunters and I'm sure I could hide in a rock

Looks like open winter range to me. Probably been seeing him on open south slopes early, searching for hot does. Hunting pressure, if any, usually pushes them over the top and into cover on north slopes by the time the sun comes up. Either that, or they tuck themselves into the bottoms of south facing draws. Look for does up and feeding and glass hard for bucks bedded within 40-50 yards. Be patient. Keep working. He hasn't left the country.

Has anyone ditched a spotter and tripod when the put a stalk on and then come back later to get? There has been zero other hunters and I'm sure I could hide in a rock
Yes, ditched my spotter and puffy to stalk my buck this fall. Stopped on the way out, dropped the pack and ran and grabbed them. Make sure to drop a pin on them so you can find them.

I dropped my gear at 8 am and got back out at 6 pm. My spotter was up by the arrow and we parked on the next ridge back past that. Similar situation, very few hunters in the area. I wouldn’t worry at all in sage country.

3CF8B42A-67DE-405A-A7AB-B19A3EE92C64.jpeg

Back