Help with vortex scopes

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
Well I bough another 6.5, got a bunch of great advise so I'm going to see if i can get some more, this time I'm stepping it up a bit on the scope. I am currently undecided between the Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x56 or a NightForce Actar. I like the warranty with the vortex and I'm sure NF has a great warranty as well. Ive read so many mixed reviews its tough to decide, both are priced pretty close.

Appreciate it again
Rick

If you're going to consistently spin turrets, I'd avoid Vortex entirely. The few PST's I owned all developed issues with tracking or failure to RTZ. Great folks in customer service, though.

SWFA has a sale right now on their SS fixed and variables. I'd start there first.

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
If you're going to consistently spin turrets, I'd avoid Vortex entirely. The few PST's I owned all developed issues with tracking or failure to RTZ. Great folks in customer service, though.

SWFA has a sale right now on their SS fixed and variables. I'd start there first.

I do plan on dialing my scope... i looked at the Night Force ATACR and the Vortex Razor gen 2 - after holding each and going back and forth it came down to reticle. i am a newbie with scopes of this caliber but i am happy with my decision.

I just received my tikka t3x tac a1 6.5 today, should have scope Monday and will get it mounted and hopefully shoot it a bit. Ive read endless reviews on it with there is zero issues other than weight ( 3lbs ) but i will not be packing this on hunts so the weight will not be an issue.