Helping herd

Just put my muzzleloader away for the season..No deer this year, let a 4 pointer walk about halfway through the season. Waiting for a more mature deer. Hope I made the right decision.

Honyock

WKR
If you want to kill a big buck you've got to let the young ones walk. I probably passed up 20 bucks this year that were 3 1/2 years old or younger. Pulled the trigger on the night of the next to last day of rifle season on one that was at least 6 years old. Hard to pass up "nice bucks" but I've got enough antlers piled up in the garage. If you've never killed a buck, whack the first one you see.

OP
W
If you want to kill a big buck you've got to let the young ones walk. I probably passed up 20 bucks this year that were 3 1/2 years old or younger. Pulled the trigger on the night of the next to last day of rifle season on one that was at least 6 years old. Hard to pass up "nice bucks" but I've got enough antlers piled up in the garage. If you've never killed a buck, whack the first one you see.
Yeah that's pretty much how I live. Have taken alot of bucks over the past 45-50 years. I wait for the right one. Didn't see many deer overall this year, don't know why.