high pressure pvc coupling PLUMBER INPUT NEEDED

I have a broken schedule 80 elbow that is tight to a straight coupler which is tight to a concrete wall penetration. I don't have any clear pipe material to cut and install a new elbow. Is there an internal PVC coupler for 4", or is there a high pressure "fernco" type coupler if I can keep enough existing material to clamp to?

the elbow break is furthest from the wall, so I have the half of the elbow and the existing straight coupler, and the pipe sections internal to work with.
I can't pull the pipe out of the concrete, it's held with one of those linked compression gaskets I can't get access to.

Any ideas are appreciated

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I wonder if one of the reamers would work?

These tools are amazing they’ve gotten me out of a bind four or five times now. It just eats the pipe out of the fitting and then you just re-glue and put the pipe inside, put a ton of primer and clean it out the best you can.

One really important thing is make sure by the time you get to the end of the pipe the front part of the bit that centers the grinding part once it’s out of the pipe the bit can wobble around and catch and break the fitting so go really slow when you get to the end

Jccobb2

FNG
Hi, have you considered the Internal PVC Coupler? There isn't typically an internal PVC coupler designed for use inside a pipe, especially for larger diameters like 4". Internal couplers are typically used for smaller pipe sizes and are not readily available for Schedule 80 PVC. You may need to use external repair methods in this case.

Jethro

WKR
Cut off all of the bad elbow leaving only what is actually glued on your run of pipe. Make series of shallow slits that go through elbow coupler pvc but do not touch the good pipe underneath. Careful hammer and chisel work and the elbow can be chipped off the pipe in pieces.

Light sanding of the pipe to remove any residual pvc and glue. I've even used wire wheel to clean up the pipe too. With some patience and little luck it will leave your existing length of pipe in good enough condition to glue on a brand new elbow.

I have done this quite a few times at pressures up to 170 psi. Good luck.

TaperPin

WKR
If you don’t have a 4” reamer handy, a 2” drum sander in a drill with coarse sanding rolls will work, but you want to be careful and check progress carefully. Did I mention carefully? Very carefully. It’s very easy to overshoot and since you called this high pressure, I’m assuming it’s not the waste on a one story ranch, and it has to fit tight.

OP
timberland
very carefully cut the broken elbow off, cleaned and glued a new one on, then welded the two pieces together as an extra precaution.