Higher elevation 3rd season question

Chad44

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, I've been an archery hunter for a long while now and I'm going to put in for a rifle hunt this year. I know my unit really well during September and early October but have never been up there past October 10th. It's at higher elevations with several 14ers in it and goes down to around 8k. My question is will mule deer hang out and rut here? Or will they move down to their winter ranges by the middle to end of November? I've been watching some videos where it looks like guys are having success up higher with decent amounts of snow. I assume if the mountains get pounded with unusual amounts of snow they will move down but I know the ski resorts don't even open til thanksgiving weekend so snow isn't typically that deep. This is central Colorado I'm taking about. Any input would be great.
Chad

Honestly I'd say it just depends on the amount of snow and hunting pressure. During the later hunts I usually focus around the 7-9k elevation. And I hunt more north central Colorado, so it's pretty close to the same area for us.

elkguide

WKR
From my experiences, the big deer don't tend to want to leave their familiar mountain hangouts except for hunter pressure, rut activity and to much snow. Other than that they seem to like to hang in their familiar neighborhoods.

Ftguides

Lil-Rokslider
this year 3rd season will be in the start of the rut. hunt the areas where you have seen pockets of does in the past. In my experience photo period has a lot more to do with the deer migration than weather. withholding heavy snow that affects feed availability, the deer start the move almost exactly on the same couple days. even the big bucks will be out of the real high country (10.5k+) by the dates you are talking about, even if we are still bare ground.

hersh2209

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt a similar are in central colo. The deer have move outta my area from 9300-11500' by oct 30th or so almost like clock every year no matter what the snow depth is.. if we get a decent snowstorm even in mid to early oct it will start the migration.

bobhunts

WKR
I have a friend that consitantly kills big bucks at altitude you would not expect to see them in during 3rd rifle season. Good luck. I am waiting on my 4th season tag.