Highschool teacher needed in great hunting town

Jimbob

WKR
Any high school Math/Science teachers looking for a great opportunity?

My school is looking for a math/science teacher to start next year (September 2023). Bulkley Valley Christian School is an independent (private) school in Smithers BC. I started working here 6 years ago and it has been a dream come true for my family and me.

If this intrigues you in the slightest then feel free to message or text me. 250 917-8716

smithers-remax.jpeg

26088775610_7c3933f3b4_z.jpeg

stump06

WKR
Oh man, if only....
I'm in my second year of teaching math and I really like it. Wish I could get my wife to go along with moving! lol

OP
Jimbob

Jimbob

WKR
I suspect an atheist would be out of bounds for the school. BC is quite beautiful when I visited while in the USNavy a couple of times.

We have a pretty broad range of different viewpoints on staff but we do all agree on the existence of God.

However, we have a good public school in town as well so if you are serious about considering the area then give me a shout.

gerry35

WKR
Simthers is a beautiful town and yes good hunting and fishing too. Jimbob looking at your sheep in your avatar I have a feeling it is from the same area mine came from ;)

Dos XX

WKR
I am not a math or science teacher, but I can perform some maths and pontificate on some sciences, and I am pretty damn good with a spey rod. Am I in?

OP
Jimbob

Jimbob

WKR
Smithers is incredible…and you forgot to mention the world class Steelhead fishing….

Oh yes, the fishing is fantastic. Pretty nice to run to the river before/after work and catch a couple of salmon for dinner. Also, the coast is only 4 hours away so ocean fishing is a big thing as well.

The area has way more to offer than just hunting.

Last edited:
OP
Jimbob

Jimbob

WKR
Doesnt Canada have a restriction on NonRes coming to work there?
No, we have many foreigners coming here for work. You need to obtain a work permit so it's not as simple as just driving up here and starting a job but it is completely possible.

We have a lack of teachers here in BC and especially in the North so I'm sure it would be easy to get a permit.

OP
Jimbob

Jimbob

WKR
I am not a math or science teacher, but I can perform some maths and pontificate on some sciences, and I am pretty damn good with a spey rod. Am I in?
You might be jokeing but man it is hard finding employees. Spey rod skills alone might get you the job :)