Hill people gear kit bag w/ bino pouch setup

Anyone using this setup? I've tried out Kit Bags and found them comfortable but am hesitant about hanging anything off the front.

Havent used their bino pouch, but love their kit bags. But I find the more I load the kit bag the more it interferes with the pistol access. I have used the kit bag as only a bino pouch (sans pistol) and it works really well actually.

This is what I use, one of their smaller kit bags with a bino pouch on the front. I like it but I keep some minimal stuff in the kit bag otherwise it does start to get “front heavy”. The closure on their bino pouch is terrible, surprisingly because HPG stuff is so good, but I swapped it out with something else.

Thanks. I'm not interested in using it for carrying a pistol, at least not while hunting. But I like the way they spread weight across a larger portion of the chest as opposed to bino packs that plan the weight in one spot. Like I said, I am nervous about that molle attached pouch sticking out in front. Seems like it could feel floppy or saggy.

I swap to the HPG kit bag with the bino pouch when I want a pistol with me, or when I am flintlock hunting, and want several items organized and easily accessible. It just feels a bit much if I don't need the space, but is nice at times. If carrying a pistol covered up isn't a priority, it wouldn't be my first choice.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I loaded mine up. Bino pouch (I don't really like the HPG), IFAK on the bottom, and a small ESEE knife. I carry a 1911, Leatherman, compass, and other things in it. After about 2 hours of hiking with it alone it gets sort of annoying. If I'm wearing my backpack, I use the counterbalance straps and I don't feel it at all. Having the IFAK on the front made it too bulky in an outward fashion. On the bottom it works great. I love it!

Attachments

• PXL_20240508_000516542.jpg
    PXL_20240508_000516542.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20240508_000523035.jpg
    PXL_20240508_000523035.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 28
I use one off and on.

I generally prefer my OV bino pouch, but when I want additional space, I switch to my HPG.

I have the original bino pouch, closure isn't ideal but it works fine. It's deep enough that I rarely need more than the lid pulled down over it.

Definitely big in the front, but I don't find it cumbersome. Being able to have an even load in the kit bag helps.

When I’m carrying a pistol I use one with a cheap leupold bino pouch mounted on the front. I also use two molle pouches ( one on either side of the binos) It’s a little front heavy / bulky but it allows me to carry everything I need. I’m used to the feel of chest rigs from the Infantry. I’ll try and post a picture later

G20 in kydex on velcro panel in HPG bag. Zeiss Victory 10x32 in cheap molle pouch on the front. Bear spray and dog e-collar on outside molle. I use when hiking and for work, when hunting I run a Marsupial harness.
031fc1f5af2cac93ce8fe5d5edf1efde.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Back