Hill People Gear Wind Cheater

lchavez

Lil-Rokslider
Any one have experience with this garment?

Feedback on fit, function and how you use it with your system of layering.

PJG

WKR
I have one, I'll have a better report on it in a couple of months.
I have plenty of likes so far, the only compliant I have is the fit in the forearms seems small to me.
The build is very durable, I would not use it for an outer layer in archery season, I would consider it loud for archery season. But, it does block the wind exceptionally well, and breathes well also.
For an outer layer I wouldn't use it as an insulating layer. But, for a lightweight wind block it's been great so far. I'll be using it throughout hunting season I'll have more thoughts after that.

I like all the HPG gear, and if you use their stuff for the tasks they are intended for they work extremely well.

XMP

FNG
I've had one for about a year. The fit is on the slim side, especially in the arms. It does cut the wind very well, but doesn't have much insulation value. I've mostly used it over a base layer in windy but moderate temps.

OP
L

lchavez

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the feedback. Strange about the slim fit in the arms. I agree with HPG gear for intended use. After trying many versions of chest packs and backpacks, I found the Umlindi and original Kit Bag perfect for my uses. Like the flexibility of the Umlindi as a shoulder bag, or teamed up with my war belt for heavier loads.

In this case though, sounds like a Kifaru Lost Parka will serve me better for what I have in mind