Hobby’s and life...to this point anyway.

16Bore

WKR
Just my observation, but follow along.

Years 7-12:
First fishing rods and learned to shoot. Acquired first rifle and handgun. The stuff I had was the “best”...because I had it. Didn’t know one “brand” from another, but knew I had one (whatever it was). Loved outdoors magazines. If it swam or went bang, I wanted to do it. Stared at gun catalogs and wore the pages out.

Years 12-16:
Early working years. Finally had money to chase after things I really liked. Saved money for guns. Sold on by the pictures and articles. Now had several fishing rods/rifles. Able to hunt and shoot on my own. First deer kill. Hunted every opportunity.

Years 16-21:
Even more of 12-16...finally legal to buy and sell my own stuff..go where I wanted. Do what I wanted. Still not too picky, but selective. Competitive shooting bug!

Years 22-30:

College and career refinement years. Lotsa money going in and out, amd busy as hell. Getting picky about guns and gear, buying less since other obligations like rent, groceries, and tuition are in play.

Years 30-40:
Marriage years...Doubled the income. Plenty of disposable income. Lotsa toys and “fun”. Mortgage now...

Now entering the “dust bowl years”. Everything sits idle...unused items starting to get sold to make room for bicycles, doll houses, and “family” vehicles. Kids X2

40+

New hobby....driving. School, sports, friends houses, shopping mall, more sports, dance, gymnastics....gear getting narrowed down to favorites and/or basics. Hunting trips shortened. What once took a “room” now takes a closet. Knowledge of gear, techniques, and ability at its highest....amount of “goods” at their lowest. Keep the best of the best. Quality over quantity. Value over price. Highest return on lowest investment.

So......what’s the moral of the story?

muddydogs

WKR
Just wait for the post kid years, more time and money less concerned about work as you know your time and physical ability's are starting to wane so your outdoor drive gets stronger. I think this time is more enjoyable then any other time in my life and each hunt means a little more then before. If you were smart and did it right hopefully you have points to burn in multiple states so the quality of the hunts are greatly increased.

Marble

WKR
After a scare with a life threatening illness, my life's lesson and saying is, "there's not always a next time."

I apply this to family, hobbies, trips, career and friends. I dont live life for the moment, but I certainly wont put off something g because the "timing isn't right".

adamm88

WKR
I would say this us spot on, im starting my 30s amd am in that exact spot.

My advice for anyone in the younger stages would be quality over quantity, do more research and but once cry once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk