Hoka Kaha GTX Feedback?

zaniah

FNG
I love my Hoka runners but I don’t see that boot lasting very long!

I may still try a pair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do you think they won't last very long? The build quality looks very good to me, with stitching (presumably as well as glue) holding the various parts together. The soles are vibram and the grip has been excellent for me on both rough terrain and mud. As Nancy Sinatra once sang (and this surely dates me) "These boots are made for walkin'." I find the funky swallowtail heel quite stable and whatever's inside back there completely cushions the shock. But try on a pair and see what you think. I got mine at REI.

wyosteve

WKR
I got a pair last year and have put some easy miles on them. As others have mentioned-very comfortable right out of the box. Support is good on non-rugged terrain. Haven't tried them on volcanic/granite rock so don't know how the soles will feel and hold up. They are pricey, but I guess it beats blisters!

rocknry09

FNG
I love my Hoka runners but I don’t see that boot lasting very long!

I may still try a pair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spot on, I wore my pair out west last September and after 2 weeks of hiking off trail on primarily rocks they were falling apart. I didn't expect them to be bullet proof but I honestly thought they would hold up better. I just bought a pair of White's which seem much more durable and more ankle support for backcountry hunts.

rocknry09

FNG
Why do you think they won't last very long? The build quality looks very good to me, with stitching (presumably as well as glue) holding the various parts together. The soles are vibram and the grip has been excellent for me on both rough terrain and mud. As Nancy Sinatra once sang (and this surely dates me) "These boots are made for walkin'." I find the funky swallowtail heel quite stable and whatever's inside back there completely cushions the shock. But try on a pair and see what you think. I got mine at REI.
Like many said, comfortable but durability isn't there on these boots. These are 1 year old.

Attachments

• IMG_0816.jpeg
    IMG_0816.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0813.jpeg
    IMG_0813.jpeg
    329.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0814.jpeg
    IMG_0814.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 11
I am thinking about trying them. I have some Anacapa Mid GTX from the same brand, first time I had some Hoka and immediatly loved the cushioning. I walk a lot, every day, and I feel much better after walking on the road or hard surface with my Anacapa than with any other running shoes/hiking shoes (I have several Asics, some Salomon, etc).
I agree that the soft sole wears out faster than some other shoes, especially on the road or rocks, but this extra cushioning is much better for my back, knees, joints, etc.

VernAK

WKR
Mine don't get rugged use simply because I'm getting old and there's no sheep left to hunt. I find the lacing system leaves something to be desired, but the boot is comfortable with lotsa cushion. The swallow tail heel sucks when going down a stairs as the heel hangs up on the edge of the step.