Holland radial brake?

My mistake on the “radial” brake term! Whenever I hear that, I think radial 360* ports... haven’t used the Holland brake ever.

Not sure if this will work or not linking to an IG post, but if it does, this is a sub 10 lb 338 Norma pushing 300 Bergers at 2825fps with the 5 port beast brake. Good recoil signature that you can see as well. I haven’t used the Terminator brakes though if Ryan or Jeff likes them they’ve gotta be good.

zach kenner on Instagram: “#shootingsaturday enjoying sending some 338 rounds down range!!! Love this gun! This is a custom build from @hcamike with…”

I’ve used the APA Bastard series, quality brakes, no complaints, like the MBM brakes better.
I’ve used defensive edge as well as kampfeld side ported brakes and they both performed adequate, but are nothing special with their straight 90* ports.

Seekins brakes are bar none the best to shoot without hearing protection, too bad they leave 20%+ recoil on the table compared to other brakes.

I’d also check out the muscle brakes from Piercision. Seen the design and have heard good things.

Only reason I don’t use the CA Slayer brakes is they’re a competitor of mine, but they are quality :)

Any brake you use, pay attention to the baffle design. It’s best to have some sort of taper to one or both sides of the ports at some point, any brakes you see with 90* ports may be effective, but they indicate a lack of ambition in brake design in my experience.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx for the reply fellas!

Broz, besides the slab style brakes on your 300WM and 30N, which others have you run that have made the cut?

Currently looking for a brake that has a rounder profile for a Proof barrel.

My preference is less to no dust signature in prone, good muzzle control to spot shot and stay on target, less amplified noise to shooter.

Tough combinations I am sure.

You described a linear comp

Broz

WKR
There is no free lunch at this point, if they are efficient at reducing recoil, they will make more noise. They only way to get both is go suppressed, but some of us don't care for that either. In my opinion, the recoil pulse of a suppressed rifle is harder to manage and has a longer dwell time, at least that is the way I feel about larger calibers where you really need recoil reduction. Maybe not so much on squirrel rifles.

Jeff

That is the T series we have been talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got a Slabbed mini mag muscle brake. I've been doing some research and I'm probably gonna go with the T3.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

choovhntr

WKR
Don't mean to hijack this thread and maybe this will help the OP with a comparison, but I have two rifles with brakes. Both of them are radial and thinking of making the switch to side ported. Ryan, I know you tested a model 92 with their brake and was curious how it compared to say a T3? I have one in a 300 win mag. Is their enough of a difference in felt recoil to justify the switch?