Honk, honk!

slvrslngr

WKR
Got out over the weekend for a little goose hunt. Been a while since I’ve layed out in the field for them so didn’t have real high expectations.

Saturday was a bust, only saw one single flying waaaay off.

Sunday I woke up to thick fog, so expectations were low. Sat for a few hours and got caught off guard when a flock slid in behind me, lid of the layout blind up. 🤦 I slowly lowered the lid while they circled once and landed about 30 yds out. The birds were a bit nervous so I threw the lid back, lined up on one and let a load of #2’s fly, then another and as the birds beat their wings to get out of there, picked a last bird out and pulled the trigger. Unfortunately, I forgot to lead the last bird and missed.

That was the end of the action unfortunately. Considering I was thinking the trip was for naught, I was happy with 2 big western’s. A pretty decent end of the year hunt! IMG_8687.jpegIMG_8697.jpegIMG_8700.jpeg

dster3

FNG
Dropped a single honker on a hunt early January, looking for some company i assume. Decoyed right into my speck decoys after a few calls and a flag wave. Larger groups wanted nothing to do with me