Hornady Equivalent to 77gr TMK

xsn10s

WKR
Rifle is a rebarreled Model 7, chambered in 22-250. Barrel is a Wilson #2 "Ultra Light Sporter" with a 7 twist finished at 23". Velocity is around 3,000 fps using an easy load of H4350. It's simply fun to carry and shoot. It's stupid accurate and relatively inexpensive to load for.

It's also quite deadly on ungulates.

Dave
I have a Remington SA Mountain rifle laminate stock laying around and was just thinking a fast twist sporter 22-250 would be good for that. I was thinking it would fairly inexpensive to load for too. Yours sounds like an excellent performer. Thanks!

xsn10s

WKR
Here's some of the loads I developed for my AR15 20" Colt barrel 1-7 twist. The 73 gr ELDM COL 2.300" to fit inside ASC mags. I seated the 75 gr ELDM out to 2.380" COL to fit if I cut out the front of the ASC mags with no modification of my Bushmaster lower.

1702165092368.jpeg

misfit713

FNG
Ive been utilizing the 75g Tap T2 bullet in the frontier loading for years and its been excellent.

If your using ar mags 73 eldm is a solid choice I took two deer with those this year before switching to tmk and they did fantastic if not using ar mags the 75 all the way to the new 88 eldm should work depending on your velocity wants and desires and mag length specs

doty_soty

FNG
The ELDM will be close-ish. Also check out PSAs new black saber or whatever 75gr AAC loadings.

tyep13

FNG
For Eld-M / TMK

Good Terminal Ballistic/Gel Performance Reviews done by Long Range Hunting Group on YouTube, lots of good content.

“I often refer to the TMK's as their version of the eld match. They are actually very similar in performance and design. The tmk has a slightly thicker jacket and a little bigger hole and polymer tip. The eld match has a thinner jacket and a slightly smaller hole and polymer tip. The eld match is the better of the two but not by much. I have both and will happily run either one. My favorite is the eld match especially since my guns really like them. Either way you can't go wrong. Hope this helps with your question. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. Happy hunting“

77Grains

FNG
The ELDM will be close-ish. Also check out PSAs new black saber or whatever 75gr AAC loadings.
It’s what I buy. And I am stocking it like crazy before others figure it out and jump on the wagon.. Pretty soon those 75 grainers will be impossible to get. People are just hesitant because of the lack of photos and videos and testimonials when it comes to SD and hunting applications.

doty_soty

FNG
It’s what I buy. And I am stocking it like crazy before others figure it out and jump on the wagon.. Pretty soon those 75 grainers will be impossible to get. People are just hesitant because of the lack of photos and videos and testimonials when it comes to SD and hunting applications.
I’m planning on using the 75 and probably a 55 on some deer this fall. I’m positive they’ll perform well, and they’re putting 5 rounds inside of an inch with my Criterion AR barrels. For the price they’re an absolutely excellent combo of terminal performance and precision.

77Grains

FNG
I’m planning on using the 75 and probably a 55 on some deer this fall. I’m positive they’ll perform well, and they’re putting 5 rounds inside of an inch with my Criterion AR barrels. For the price they’re an absolutely excellent combo of terminal performance and precision.
I am getting sub moa from my Aero Precision build with the 75 grain. TMK 77 grain has a slightly thinner jacket than the 75 grain SBBT. But other than that their performance is pretty much the same.

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider
Rifle is a rebarreled Model 7, chambered in 22-250. Barrel is a Wilson #2 "Ultra Light Sporter" with a 7 twist finished at 23". Velocity is around 3,000 fps using an easy load of H4350. It's simply fun to carry and shoot. It's stupid accurate and relatively inexpensive to load for.

It's also quite deadly on ungulates.

Dave
Nice. I'm sending 88's out of an 18" 22CM at 3000fps with StaBall 6.5. It's a great load. Super accurate and fun to shoot.