Hornady's latest podcast.....Monolithic Bullet facts.....good to watch or listen to.

I know some here will auto dismiss it since it is coming from Hornady, but, in my old age, and trying to learn new things, Im trying to keep my eyes open because as I have posted else where, 45 years ago I looked at nothing but energy numbers. In this podcast they discuss how in the "old" days, energy was really the only number they had, but now due to bullet construction, dopplar, really everything they have to design bullets, velocity is the key now. They even discuss how you can not compare a 300 win mag eldx to a 300 win mag cx. The weights MUST be different on the copper and velocity is what makes the bullet do what it does, specially on copper. Anyway, its a pretty good listen while you are driving, and explains how they design what they do. Including all the PRC cartridges and the bullets specifically designed for them and the speeds. One bottom line, they did say with 95% of their cx bullets, do not expect anything below 2000 fps, and they use 1.5x of the original size as being "successful". They have a few smaller ones that will perform at a slower speed, but for the most part 2000 fps is it, and you should use the range accordingly on all of their bullets, and NOT to go by the energy numbers, just because it may have low energy, it will still perform at 1.5X because it was designed to.

Just thought Id share. Please dont flame me for it.