Horse packers in ID

I'm doing a DIY hunt in Idaho next year. I haven't done a ton of e-scouting yet but I won't rule out the possibility of having someone cart me and my gear into mountains ~5-9 miles to a spot I'd use as a base camp and then having them pick me up at the end of my time there or before then if I happen to be lucky enough to punch the tag. I've found one place that will do it, but its nice to have some recommendations from people that have direct experience with someone that does this. Most of my google searches have yielded guide service at this point

Wrench

WKR
You're going to have to be a bit more specific. It takes a full day to drive from Bonners to half of the state.

Get a list of outfitters licensed to work in the area you are hunting and start calling them. Has to be a licensed outfitter.guide to do what you are want info to do, and they have to also be permitted by the land agency (Forest Service/BLM) to operate there.

OP
D
Get a list of outfitters licensed to work in the area you are hunting and start calling them. Has to be a licensed outfitter.guide to do what you are want info to do, and they have to also be permitted by the land agency (Forest Service/BLM) to operate there.

I'll have to check that. I would think most guides/outfitters are gonna want the full guide fee and all that jazz which is what I'm trying to avoid