Hot Sauce Recommendation?

sndmn11

WKR
I’ll take any chance I can get to post this:

a776c3fac53a0f3cfdc8c783a1db7b21.jpg
Shouldn't it be covered in food drips and stains?

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a hot sauce guy, I have dozens in my fridge at any given time. For the heat youre looking for I'd go with secret aardvark habanero, dirty dicks hot saucr, Marie sharps Belizen heat and a garlic sauce of some type probably Melinda's garlic habanero

yfarm

WKR
Tiger Sauce, sweet and mildly hot
addictive great with eggs, pizza, meat, seafood

Grundy53

WKR
Tiger Sauce, sweet and mildly hot
addictive great with eggs, pizza, meat, seafood
Tiger sauce is good

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Try "Del Molcajete" jalapeno. I like their habanero but its got real KICK. You can find it at most carnecerias. I havent seen at at Kroger. I love Cholula but these are delicious.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Several good mentions here, including Tiger, which you can find a lot of places. (Important if you cook on the road, LOL...)

Also, Cackalacky deserves a big heads-up if you haven't tried it. The Pepper sauce is the original and then you can go hotter from there.

Good stuff, and you can dance to it...

Tar Heel born and Tar Heel bred, and if no one buys they'll be Tar Heel dead ...

bpa556

FNG
I’ve never known anyone to keep hot sauce in the refrigerator. How odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep it simple. I use Cholula on Southwestern and Mexican food.
In a pinch Tapitilo or Valentinos doesn't ruin my day.

On Low Country, Creole or Cajun and Chicken wings I use Tabasco.

I keep a sauce called Cayucos Hot sauce I use sometimes on Fish or Shrimp taco type foods.

I occasionally will use Pickapepper sauce on things that have pineapple or mango like pulled pork tacos Or grilled fish with coconut rice and mango.

I don't care for super hot sauce. Not interested in frying my guts.

Last edited:

gbflyer

WKR
Yellowbird
Secret Aardvark
Hot n Saucy
Melinda's
Truff

I use hot sauce daily and I like a lot of heat, but want flavor more so. These are the brands I have found that each flavor has a unique...flavor.

I was just at a very big food expo in Anaheim, and the Hot n Saucy was one of the best samples I had all week.

A big +1 on the Yellow Bird brands. Haven’t found one yet that I didn’t like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Pete was awarded a Navy Achievement Medal on my submarine for making the food so much better. Never get underway without Texas Pete onboard.
Texas Pete was popular in SC where I lived from 1991-2000. I haven't had any of it in 20 years.
I liked it on beans and chicken wings.

robtattoo

WKR
I can't believe nobody else has asked this:
What flavor profile are you looking for?
Mexican? Asian? Louisiana style? Sweet & fruity? Garlic heavy? A little of everything?
What is your primary use?
To me that's as, if not more important than the heat level?

Datil’ do It. I love datil peppers

If you ever want to try growing your own, hit me up & I'll send you some seeds. I've been growing my own & making my own Datil sauces for a few years. I'm obsessed with the little orange devils. They're difficult to grow north of zone 9, but not impossible with a little help.

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
El Yucateco all day. I like the green a bit more than the red, but both are great. Spectacular to mix for a spicy mayo.

These are more like 3-4/5 for spice level, but nothing crazy. Should be able to find in a big supermarket and definitely in any place with a decent Mexican selection.
^^^ This all day long! El Yucateco is the best all around hot sauce out there. the XXX Mayan is probably more of a 4 but like Aaron says the green is great flavor and not too crazy hot.

feanor

WKR

This is a Wisconsin brand that does really great flavored hot sauces. Smokey Dokey and Cherry Bomb are my favorite- but they have tons of other blends.
They don’t try to blow your face off with heat. A little spendy though.

sndmn11

WKR

This is a Wisconsin brand that does really great flavored hot sauces. Smokey Dokey and Cherry Bomb are my favorite- but they have tons of other blends.
They don’t try to blow your face off with heat. A little spendy though.

"We" (meaning mostly you) should organize a Rokslide crowd source hot sauce shootout for CO metro folks.