How do you feed your dog?

My dogs get venison scraps that my family doesn’t eat after they are “too full”. Any by dogs, I mean me.

All jokes aside, I do feed them a lot more natural foods like rice, beef, chicken, any whatever scraps may be available after meals. Who actually knows what “dog food” really is? After all they’re family too.

I have a Great Pyrenees and a Great Pyrenees mix who eat as they please, and don’t seem to gorge. We recently got a lab as well, but he does his best to eat every scrap. It’s a whole different view on food for him.

My wife is trying to get the dog to eat sponge cake bc the vet said he looked thin.

Can you see his ribs? If not, the dog isn't too thin.

I know some guys who keep their bird dogs, seems like especially pointers, on the ribby side.
No clue. The dog looks fine and eats better than royalty. He wont touch the sponge cake bc its cheap. His pallet requires rottisaire chicken, ribeye, filet, or skirt steak but only if cooked to the appropriate temp. I have heard that sort thing is common among high T apexes like mine.

My wife's dogs are 110 and 140 Lb spoiled boys. Both my wife and I like to hunt so its just the 2 of us and her dogs to feed. This morning they had moose roast and some elk hamburger with a couple pieces of King salmon. Cane Corso

I've come to find that my dog does not need me to feed him.. That sausage roll will chase down squirrels, rabbits, geese, or dig through our compost pile.

Do i feed him. Yes. he gets a scoop in the AM and PM. He also gets deer carcass during the fall and bones to chew during the summer

1 cup AM & 1 cup PM with a little bit of fresh food topper. He is a dick though and some topper proteins he doesn't eat if mixed with the food

Our 2 goldens eat 8oz of raw meat twice per day at or around 630am/630pm. Their internal clocks certainly know what time it is. 10 minutes to eat? More like 10 seconds lol. One eats turkey cause she seems to be allergic to beef in large quantities and the other eats beef cause turkey made her have to pee every 5 minutes and she threw up. No idea why but that's the way we do things. It's a pain in the ass and not cheap but they'll be 9 and 8 this year so we've done it this long may as well keep it up for the rest of their lives. They are both healthy and show no signs of slowing down. They both still squeal and get excited every time I come home even if I'm only gone for a couple hours.

2 Greyhounds, 2 cups each in the am and in the pm. Venison scapes from butchering, mini pcs daily and broth from the instapot when I do game in it. (no spices of course). The female eats a banana a day and a few strawberrys. the male is strictly meat and kibble. I don't have to many rabbits on the property. or small animals for that matter LOL. I wish I could run 40 plus mph.

Attachments

• IMG_20230418_071832595.jpg
    IMG_20230418_071832595.jpg
    657.6 KB · Views: 1
  • tim~2.jpg
    tim~2.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240116_141601636_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240116_141601636_HDR.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 1
Back