how dumb is this/are people?

*zap*

WKR
So on a gov auction site a lot of 10 1 gram silver bars sold for $1494. just under 100 bids. Pictures show clearly that the bars are marked one gram and the listing said the winner will receive 10 one gram silver bars. 10 one gram silver bars are worth $8 plus a small premium charge. I think Greed makes people see what they want to see....

Last edited:

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
That's wild. Even if they thought they were 1oz pieces, they still overpaid by $1,250 based on today's price.

I'm not able to access the site because I'm on my work computer, but if a 1 Troy oz. silver bar is 31.1 grams, and measures 1"x2" x 0.125" thick, how big exactly would a bar that is over 31 times smaller than that be? I'm not even sure if I would be able to see a bar that small with my naked eye.:ROFLMAO:

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
Im guessing there are at least 93 people who thought they were bidding on silver ounces, and still too dumb to figure out they overpaid even if they were 1 oz bars...

Hnthrdr

WKR
Whoops 😬 haha they are paying more than gold prices for some sweet silver grams

WKR
Im guessing there are at least 93 people who thought they were bidding on silver ounces, and still too dumb to figure out they overpaid even if they were 1 oz bars...

A fool and his money...

Collectors items? Who knows.

There was a legit deal back in the day when you used to be able to buy certain collectable coins for face value with a credit card. You could get all the cc awards/points then turn the coins back in at the bank and repeat. Lots of free flights were earned off of that til they figured out they were losing money

Hnthrdr

WKR
Collectors items? Who knows.

There was a legit deal back in the day when you used to be able to buy certain collectable coins for face value with a credit card. You could get all the cc awards/points then turn the coins back in at the bank and repeat. Lots of free flights were earned off of that til they figured out they were losing money
I dable in precious metals… none of that is worth squat over the strike price. Pretty common stuff

TaperPin

WKR
There’s that one guy who bid really high, then figured it out and sat there with a lump in his stomach hoping someone would out bid him. That’s usually me. Lol

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
So on a gov auction site a lot of 10 1 gram silver bars sold for $1494. just under 100 bids. Pictures show clearly that the bars are marked one gram and the listing said the winner will receive 10 one gram silver bars. 10 one gram silver bars are worth $8 plus a small premium charge. I think Greed makes people see what they want to see....

Sounds like money laundering.

Beendare

WKR
It's the dumbing down of America.....there are some seriously uninformed and stupid people out there.

They talk about a big divide between the 'haves' and 'have nots'....I bet its all. related to IQ