How long to wait

I paid for an item found on rokslide on 8/20, the seller posted receipt and tracking from 8/21 on 8/22 and the receipt says shipment should have arrived on 8/26. When i put tracking # in usps tracking it shows it is in anchorage alaska and has not moved since the 22nd. I sent the guy a pm on 8/27 and he has not responded.

How long do you typically wait before claiming this as not sent through paypal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
I'd contact them first. I've personally had usps do some weird rerouting on a few packages. I've also seen where it's a couple states away then magically appears the very next morning. Good idea to send a mod a PM to see if there appears to be any shenanigans. Hunting seasons are going too, so that may be why they have yet to respond.

CorbLand

WKR
Not sure where you are located but the hurricane in California really messed shipping up.

packer58

WKR
Yep, USPS does suck a bit, had a package sent from a member with tracking #, tracking said delivery tomorrow, next thing I know the package is taking a ride to Hawaii and back ..............you never know with USPS

WayneKerr

FNG
USPS is wild. One year I ordered broadheads on black friday. The estimated delivery date came and went, and then all the tracking info completely disappeared. Broadheads didn't show up at my door until Christmas eve.

I work in the shipping industry and I've seen some things, but USPS takes the cake for absurd shipping mess ups.

fwafwow

WKR
Good luck with the shipment. One more reason to go with UPS or FedEx over USPS, although I’ve had weird tracking with UPS too.

Maki35

WKR
You have the tracking#, call the anchorage alaska USPS location (don't call the 800# it's useless. Google the USPS location for their tele#.)

If the USPS tracking shows they're in possession of the package, then the seller did ship your item. It's just that USPS failed to do their job.

USPS is terrible. I've had to call USPS on several occasions to get my packages moving. I've had packages sit at USPS facilites for a week &more. I would call the last USPS facility on the tracking# and asked them why is my package sitting at their facility/hub for a week. This usually helps move the package along (if they can find the package).

Sounds like it's solidly on USPS, not the seller. I'd reach back out to the seller again and if you don't get any updates from USPS by Tuesday, I'd file with PayPal.

sitealpha

FNG
I had someone who gave me a tracking number to a different item and didn't realize until it was delivered to another state before I got wise.