How many have strictly done a predator hunt (Wolf)

Came home tonight. Rough hunting over there. Cant believe how hard a guy has to work to find a damn lion or wolf track. Way different than home. Anyway, probably heading back thursday early morning for a few more days of self abuse. Idaho is clearly not the predator pit that northeast washington is. I guess thats probably why i see elk and moose and deer over there.

pugwylde

FNG
Came home tonight. Rough hunting over there. Cant believe how hard a guy has to work to find a damn lion or wolf track. Way different than home. Anyway, probably heading back thursday early morning for a few more days of self abuse. Idaho is clearly not the predator pit that northeast washington is. I guess thats probably why i see elk and moose and deer over there.
We have plenty of wolves, but they get hunted. Case in point, 50000 tags and only a couple hundred successes, most of which are owned by one guy.

I've only seen one twice. The first time, I'd never seen something move so fast uphill. The second time was on me, I couldn't put big game mentality aside and lost my opportunity waiting for a "good shot". Hopefully won't make that mistake twice.

Yeah, i get it. But still, almost a week over there and cant turn up a fresh lion or wolf track. Thats crazy to me. Cant go anywhere around home without seeing lion and wolf tracks everywhere. Guess i got my work cut out for me. Ill keep trying though. I can be a stubborn sob.

pugwylde

FNG
All my encounters and tracks, both wolf and mountain lion, have been in central and South central Idaho. Sorry I can't recommend any north Idaho spots.

I should just whack a few here near home and haul em to idaho to get them sealed... i can even make some youtube wolf hunting videos, sell some hats, make a few bucks. If i get caught ill just issue a public apology, saying i didnt realize where the state line was