How much recoil does a suppressor cut?

BigAl!

WKR
Just guessing, I would bet my Ultra 7 on my 300wsm cuts recoil by 30% or so. Having shot it with and without a brake previously, that would be my guess. The Ultra 7 was without a doubt the best addition to the rifle. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I have the shorter Banish Backcountry and it definitely takes the edge off the report and blast at the shot. It reduces recoil but not like a muzzle brake. With good form, I can spot shots with a heavier 6.5 CM. After owning a can, everytime I throw a brake on a rifle, I take it off and screw on the can.
Would you say your opinion has modified from the below linked thread?

H80Hunter

WKR
After finally shooting a suppressed rifle I agree with the camp that says the reduced blast makes it seem like it cuts more perceived recoil than a brake. I understand that they dont ACTUALLY deliver less force to your shoulder but it seems WAY less suppressed to me.

Would you say your opinion has modified from the below linked thread?

I would say some, but there are times I prefer the handling and weight of a barrel with nothing on the end. It’s a trade off. I was shooting my 20” Tikka 308 CTR with no muzzle attachments today at range. It’s lighter and more compact.

JM151

FNG
Since this thread was started Tbac put out some recoil numbers that are interesting in regards a to suppressor recoil reduction.

I notice a decent difference going from ultra 7 to Magnus as well.
Yeah I was shocked how low recoil reduction % was on 300wm with ultra 7. They are saying 8% recoil reduction compared to bare muzzle. My rifle weighs 8.5 pounds with scope and suppressor. I can tell you I definitely feel the recoil. Waiting for the new RR’s to come out. Will probably try one out for the win mag and Norma.

Shot my suppressor for the first time this last week. DD Enticer LTI, shot it on my 7 SAUM and my 6.5 creed. The creed didn’t have a brake before and I could certainly keep my target in the FOV at 100 yards and 10x zoom but now my crosshair doesn’t leave the area I’m aiming at more than 1-2 moa. The SAUM had a large brake on it before the suppressor and I think the recoil is pretty comparable. Still spotting all of my shots with the can.

Marshfly

WKR
If the weight of the suppressor affects you swinging the rifle you are doing it wrong. The 5" I cut off my Tikka 223 weighs 6.6 ounces. My Silencerco Scythe weighs 8.6 ounces and adds only a half inch to the uncut barrel when you consider the internal threads. Nobody is feeling 2 ounces spread over 5 inches of barrel.

Cut the barrel more or buy a Titanium suppressor in the first place.

That said, that scythe allows me to spot shots with my 270 Win that weighs 8 pounds all up WITH the suppressor attached. Insane cut to recoil for a lighter rifle that was never braked. I would say it's well under a 6.5CM recoil now.