Howa Mini for 223 and 6ARC...which stock/chassis?

MThuntr

WKR
I have a Howa Mini 223 (22" sporter barrel) and just ordered a Howa Mini in 6 ARC (20" Heavy Barrel). The Factory stock on my 223 leaves a lot to be desired particular for the same reasons that the RokStock is being developed.

Anyway what are your favorite stocks or chassis for the Howa Mini without getting too expensive?

wyogoat

WKR
I just built up a Mini in 6.5 Grendel with the heavier barrel and went with the Stockys. It’s pretty sweet. Keeps the rifle in that nice, light and handy class. I have the same stock for my Tikka so that was part of the reason.
With that barrel profile, it’s fully floated and fit perfect…so there’s one to look at.

OP
MThuntr

MThuntr

WKR
I think there was some discussion (maybe just a wish) on the podcast about the RokStock about it potentially getting made for the howa mini
that would be great but it seems like it be more of a wish right now with the priority going to Rem700 and Tikka. Maybe I'll get something for the rifle without a stock and wait for the RokStok on the other.

Last edited:

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Get the Stockys and shoot it. Love mine.

I have used the Hunter style CF Stockys and it’s nice. I have the VG2 now.

Boyd’s and MDT have them too. I have a pistol LSS chassis from MDT that is pretty cool.

I have the stockys VG on a 16” 223 and it’s sweet, my wife likes it too.

ad7d3a5bac10a2068b66150317439b48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gspguy22

FNG
I have the B&C M40 I got used and it's a solid stock. Not the lightest but a good stock. A buddy of mine has the JTAC elf owl chassis and really likes it. Both where drop in and ready to go.

Last edited:
Im running the stockys VG stock on my 20" 6 arc. Very light and compact stock. Had to sand the barrel channel a good bit to get it to free float properly.

MEdude

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got the Stocky’s Hunter CF on my mini .223 and really like it. Perfect fit out of the box. And wicked light.
Added Jefferson Outdoors hinged bottom metal because I hate to hunt with a magazine. (Several reasons) I have nothing but good to say about this product and company.
Both done right.

bbell

WKR
Does the Stocky’s for the howa mini have a shorter trigger reach than the tikka version?

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
I dropped a 6mm ARC carbon barreled action in a Stocky's factory second stock. It fit nice right out of the gate.
This is exactly what I did with my 6 arc and also had to sand quite a bit of material to free float.

ElPollo

WKR
Does the Stocky’s for the howa mini have a shorter trigger reach than the tikka version?
Pretty sure @Stockys replied to that question in the VG hunter thread and the mini version is 1.75”. They may confirm that because the VG hunter thread is too big to find it.

ElPollo

WKR
I’ll add that with the shorter trigger reach, this is a pretty great stock. I’m finishing up shortening the trigger reach on my Tikka VG Hunter and it was my only gripe.