Howdy from Wi

New to rockslide, been looking at posts for a few months while deciding on what/where to apply for an elk tag for this fall. From the sw corner of Wisconsin. Spend lots of time every year bear hunting, trapping, whitetail hunting, coyote hunting and fishing. Just finally scratching the itch to go west.

welcome from Riverfalls WI. As keller said, do it. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner once you get out there. I hope your putting in for our elk draw here too.

Welcome from Madison. Considering the timing, I would focus on Colorado or Idaho for this fall, regardless of weapon choice. You just missed the Colorado primary draw but there is still plenty of OTC and secondary draw opportunities. Idaho still has 2,900 NR elk tags left available. Good luck if you make it out west this year!

sab

Lil-Rokslider
It’s not too late for the CO draw. Due to technical issues, it was difficult to enter yesterday, so they’ve opened it back up for entry until 8pm MDT tomorrow (April 8).

OP
WiscoHoundsman
It’s not too late for the CO draw. Due to technical issues, it was difficult to enter yesterday, so they’ve opened it back up for entry until 8pm MDT tomorrow (April 8).
I already got my draw in for Colorado, now the wait, if I don’t draw I will do an OTC

Kindo

WKR
Welcome from Hudson. If you have the cash, just start building some points in various states, then go for an OTC hunt and start getting your feet wet and learning the ropes.

Kindo

WKR
Welcome from Madison. Considering the timing, I would focus on Colorado or Idaho for this fall, regardless of weapon choice. You just missed the Colorado primary draw but there is still plenty of OTC and secondary draw opportunities. Idaho still has 2,900 NR elk tags left available. Good luck if you make it out west this year!
Deadline just got extended, better get those points.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As self appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend to you a laurel, and hearty handshake as a new member of this fine forum. (y)

Eddie

Welcome from SE Wisconsin. Good luck with your elk season. I'm going archery OTC in colorado as well this year. I have a buddy that lives in Denver area.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

1stSgt M

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome aboard good luck out west, but if you don’t get drawn at least you have some good hunting in your neck of the woods.