Hoyt side plates?

Thinking about getting some side plates to try out. You have to get them from a dealer correct? i tried to find some online but only found a cheap knock off.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not much to them a bit of wood and a screw hole. Used ones can be found on Archery talk. I personally prefer them over a full grip

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They are not difficult to find online. I have really like them and shoot more consistently with them vs the full grip. But each person has their own preference and style. They make take a little getting used to and they do change your anchor point a bit because you "gain" about a half inch in the draw.

OR Archer

WKR
I run them on my Hoyts. You could probably find them online. There are also a lot of custom grip makers out there who make them. Rattler Grips is a good example

OP
H
I saw the custom ones, but just wanted to try to find a set of normal factory plates just to see if i even liked the feel before i go and have custom ones made. Ive looked on AT but didnt see any that are still for sale.

Gumbo

WKR
I tried them on my Nitrum (which I ended up selling) but preferred two layers of athletic tape over the bare riser. I still ended up with some torque issues using the side plates.

MattB

WKR
You might just try shooting off the riser and see how that goes - no real reason for the side plates.

I found an old vhs case thar was just the right thickness of plastic to fill the voids on the side of the riser, cut out plates with scissors and then wrapped them on with athletic tape. I love how it turned out

Lawnboi

WKR
Try bare riser before you dump the money. I bought side plates long ago to find I prefer bare riser.

Love Hoyt bows but hate that blocky grip, I wish they would put their target grips on thier hunting line.