Hpg

mt100gr.

WKR
I just received a few more pieces from the Hill brothers and I could not be more impressed with the build quality, innovation, and versatility.

I have a kit bag, tarapocket, and now a highlander along with a handful of smaller accessories and it's probably the most well made gear I own. It really is flawlessly over-built, IMHO.

The utility and thinking behind these pieces is also very good. I can use these alone, together, with any of my Kifaru pouches/ pockets, etc on any frame I own. I am really excited to try a few setups with the new stuff and see if my plans for it are really the deal

I know many of you are aware of just how good the Hill People Gear stuff is but I wanted to say it again. If you are piecing together a compartmentalized modular pack system check their stuff out.

OP
M

mt100gr.

WKR
Whatever company assembles it, they do very nice work. I just looked at firstspear's site and they build some fine looking, functional gear too. I know HPG uses some firstspear technologies, etc so it would make sense that production is somehow affiliated.

If HPG ever develops a modular, heavy-duty pack frame I will have a hard time not buying one. Tough market right now though, but I am sure once it got into the right hands they would do well with it. I'd be alright with yet another pack on my want-list.

2ski

WKR
They are very generous too.....I ordered a Kit bag a month ago and got my email with tracking #. Started counting down the 2 days. It was Friday, so it wouldn't ship till Monday. Tuesday, I get another email with another tracking #, and I'm not getting any info when I try to look up the original tracking #. I don't want to wait until Thursday to get my stuff, since I'm paying for 2 day(their only option), so I call them up and leave a message. I get a call back and was told that they shipped one, and then when the office manager? came in after the weekend she saw the order and assumed it had not been filled and sent me another one. So...would I please send the second one back. Can't beat that, a company that tries to give you two for the price of one.

I was very impressed with HPG. I called several times to ask questions and they were very good on the phone. When I called to place my order, the Hill brother I talked to asked me to hang on so he could pull over to take my order. I really like my Kit bag. Hiking with it is very comfortable. Trail running, I'll have to tweak it a little. It slips down a little more than I'd like, but I think tightening down a little more will help.

weaver

WKR
That shepherd stove looks pretty sweet but I heard they're not making them anymore?

chopchop

FNG
They are great. I have quite a bit of their gear as well. Every single dealing I have ever had with them has been a pleasure.

I wish they would make a bottle holster for a full sized nalgene, though.

That shepherd stove looks pretty sweet but I heard they're not making them anymore?

It's my understanding that they are either in the process of switching or have already switched over to a new provider for their metal work (stays, stove, future external pack frame). If you email them, I'm sure they'll let you know what's going on.

OP
M

mt100gr.

WKR
I have had my kit bag for awhile now. I use it almost everyday and couldn't be happier. For training hikes, stairs sessions, bike rides its perfect. Phone, keys, wallet, Glock, lighter, flashlight. It's all right there, really handy and really comfortable.

I imagine with time, they will ease into a broader range of products and I hope they do.

husky390

WKR
I have the Serape, Kit bag, snubby bag with runners harness hooked to a Tarahumara and I cannot complain about any of their gear. I'm seriously considering buying a Ute and also a serape for my wife.

UPnorth

FNG
I have the original Kit Bag, a Serape, and one of the old C25M pack bags. HPG makes outstanding gear that doesn't get enough press here.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I think there stuff is made by Firstspear

You nailed it. All of their gear is sewn by Firstspear. They do great work and the Hill brothers do great at keeping the quality top of the line. I have alot of their stuff and use their shoulder harness on my Kifaru Xing. If you need more cargo room for your pack the Tarahumara and Highlander are top picks for lashing to a pack to add 1300 to 2000 CI to a load. I plan to get another Highlander to throw on my Exo Frame for more cargo room. Cant go wrong with the HPG Gear. All of it is great stuff.

Some of the gear I own or have owned

Tarahumara

CM20 Ultralight

This is a Highlander mounted to a Kifaru Duplex Frame

Here is the HPG Harness and HPG prairie belt on my Kifaru Xing

lchavez

Lil-Rokslider
Just received my serape. Was able to grab one of the last camo USA made ones recently and I am impressed with the quality. It's a stout piece of gear and is replacing my kifaru woobie. I also use one of the kit bags.