Hunting guide shot in New Mexico

Capra

Lil-Rokslider
Having been involved in a boarder incident pre 9/11 in AZ. I can tell you first hand that you are on your own.

I'm of the opinion that Boarder Patrol/ Local LE is either on the take or political clout/ motivation puts them in an no fault position.

Is it possible that this is a drug deal gone bad? ..Sure But these are reputable outfitters and as far as I can tell don't have a history of criminal activity.

All I am saying is that as a hunter make no mistake about it you are on your own. If you choose to hunt those areas keep that in mind. Personally I have not gone back, that territory is for guys younger than me.

Bravo7

FNG
This is a completely FALSE story, Capra you are just fueling the story with more false narratives. "On the take"...... you Sir are an idiot.

Bravo7

FNG
87e05a0f99c770a1f197389953291740.jpg

Read the second paragraph on the right specifically.

JWP58

WKR
Very interesting. Im sure shell casings, bullet impacts to structures, and wound orientation on the individuals shot are telling the real story.

Looking forward to hearing how this plays out once the investigation is concluded.

And the "on the take" comment is ridiculous. More like hamstrung by policies of the beloved soon to be former president.

boom

WKR
haha..

my brother called the texas Rangers.. it was friendly fire..they shot at each other.

Gr8bawana

WKR
So turns out it was a case of friendly fire it seems and not those nasty illegals.

UPDATE 4

Investigators believe Presidio County ranch shooting was friendly fire, not border violence

A shocking development in a story CBS 7 first broke over the weekend.
Two hunters who were shot in a remote ranch along the Mexican-border in Presidio County claimed illegal immigrants ambushed them Friday night.
But it turns out investigators believe this was just a case of friendly fire among each other.
Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez has been saying all along that there was no indication of cross border violence here.
He tells us the investigation shows that Walker Daughetry shot Edwin Roberts and another hunting guide in their group, Michael Bryant, shot Walker.
...Here’s how investigators believe the shooting happened: Walker thought illegals were inside the RV that Edwin and his wife were in, in an attempt to kidnap them.
Instead of announcing himself, Walker allegedly tried opening the RV.
That’s when Edwin fired off a round from inside the RV missing Walker.
Walker immediately ran inside his cabin to grab his gun and to get backup from Michael.
With rumors of border violence spilling over from Mexico to the United States, Sheriff Dominguez believes this may have caused the hunters to be paranoid...
In the mean time, a ballistic test will be conducted to determine which guns the bullets came from.
...CBS 7 was able to speak with Walker’s fiancé over the phone who was at the ranch that night of the shooting.
She says she cannot comment on the case until it is completed, but did want to mention that they’ve experienced multiple encounters with illegals last month, and claims to have had hundreds of dollars worth of supplies stolen by them at the ranch.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
glad I kept reading; would have felt like a dope donating $ to a bunch of guys shooting each either

Thats great and all, but physical evidence is what it is. Doubling down on a lie won't help.
Point is at this point no one knows what is what.
When the story first broke everyone rushes to help the outfitter. Preliminary report comes out and everyone rushes to condemn the outfitter.
How about once the evidence is all in then people make their judgement.

Esse quam videri

Gr8bawana

WKR
Point is at this point no one knows what is what.
When the story first broke everyone rushes to help the outfitter. Preliminary report comes out and everyone rushes to condemn the outfitter.
How about once the evidence is all in then people make their judgement.

Esse quam videri

How about not rushing to judgement in the first place and blaming a non-existant boogeyman base on a lie.

How about not rushing to judgement in the first place and blaming a non-existant boogeyman base on a lie.

I believe if you re read what you quoted you will see I said wait till the evidence is in to make a judgement. If you care to condemn the outfitters before hand or if you feel like condemning illegals before hand, or even the police force that is up to you. It just makes sense to me to have all of the facts first.

Bravo7

FNG
I believe if you re read what you quoted you will see I said wait till the evidence is in to make a judgement. If you care to condemn the outfitters before hand or if you feel like condemning illegals before hand, or even the police force that is up to you. It just makes sense to me to have all of the facts first.

The "overall facts" are there. I am a bit surprised they are sticking to their story, but if it makes them feel better for keeping all those donations it is on them. Pretty sad.....just admit it was an accident. I live and work here on the border everyday. I am telling you that there were no other parties involved.