Hunting sight

Kainoa D

FNG
I wanted opinions on archery sights. I know everyone has their favorite and reasoning behind it. I'm in the market for a new sight this year and am considering a single pin slider. I have a few hunting buddies who shoot them and love them, but then I have heard from numerous people to stay away from them. What's your guys and gals take?

ive never shot a single pin,dont know if i could get used to it.i love my hoggit to much to try one i think

why not a multi pin slider? Im running a 5 pin Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg. Love it. I can shoot it just like a regular fixed pin sight or dial it in to the exact yardage if need be.

I am with OR on the multiple pin slider. I LOVE SPOT HOGG as a company GREAT strong and dependable sights but their movables IMO are just to heavy. I like my CBEs. Smooth to adjust, fast, lighter sights, I have nothing bad to say about them!!!

I like a single pin slider for 3-D...I'm more accurate with only 1 pin to focus on. But they ain't for everybody when it comes to hunting and honestly the best hunting sight around is a multi pin slider I think. Check out the Black Gold Ascent, I've been shooting them since they came out, I'm on Black Gold's Staff & I'm a dealer for them...They build really great sights.

I too would reccomended the MBG Ascent, it is a great sight and their service is TOP NOTCH. I personally shoot a 3 pin Ascent slider and love it, like stated above it's the best of both worlds IMO... In a perfect world you would have time to rang, dial, get settled in and shoot... But if you got to be quick I think that's where the muti-pin slider has the edge since you possibly wouldn't have to dial away from your zero point...

Multi pin slider for me this year from CBE. TEK-Hybrid will be on my bow for this season. Check it out!

I too would reccomended the MBG Ascent, it is a great sight and their service is TOP NOTCH. I personally shoot a 3 pin Ascent slider and love it, like stated above it's the best of both worlds IMO... In a perfect world you would have time to rang, dial, get settled in and shoot... But if you got to be quick I think that's where the muti-pin slider has the edge since you possibly wouldn't have to dial away from your zero point...
Yep, I've been shooting Ascents since they hit the market a few years ago...I've had them in 3 pins, 4 pins, 5 pins, and a couple different single pin versions. Right now I'm shooting the single pin version "Ascent Target with a different brand of scope" but I'll probably switch it over to a 5 pin before fall. They really are great sights, I've sold a ton of them and all my customers have been VERY happy with them.

I use a blackgold surge 7 pin on both my bows and LOVE it!

i like the idea of a slider, soyou can extend your range out further

Back