I hear baldwin walked....

I hear you and recognize some may feel that way. I just don’t agree.

If I’m taking an inexperienced person out to shoot, they will know how to recognize proper ammo and firearm handling. Or at least be exposed to that thought process when shooting with me.

Just my $.02 based on my training and life experience.
I agree with you PD. First, it not fair to compare a six shooter with a machine gun.. Someone has to be the one to say, no live ammo will ever be loaded into these guns, and no live ammo will be allowed anywhere near the set. I have never been on a set, so I'm not certain if the armorer is the last one to verify that or not. It is known that the crew was target practicing with live rounds with that vary gun either that day or the prior day. Maybe that is where the problem started. Maybe alcohol was involved. I would think the investigation would have followed up on that. Has it ever been mentioned if that gun had a transfer bar or not. If it did, the trigger would have had to been pulled for it to fire.

Am I the only one that thinks it’s asinine that they’re continuing production? If you wondered what kind of man Baldwin truly is, here’s your sign. It disgusts me and I hope theaters, networks and people band together and boycott this movie.
Part of the settlement between Baldwin and the Widower of the cinematographer that got killed was that they finish the movie. I can only assume that it's because she was so early in her career and didn't really have a feature film under her belt that her surviving husband wanted the movie finished so that her memory goes on with the movie.

That's because you and others feel that firearm safety is your personal responsibility. Actors (not just AB) believe that firearm safety is someone else's responsibility. And some prosecutors agree with that position. If you really want to see some interesting background and opinions, look up the original AB shooting thread.
I guess you’re right. Today people don’t seem to know if they’re a male or female. My bet is AB doesn’t even know how to check a weapon.

That would be the armorer, and she is most definitely charged.
I would not go as far as to say she put the live round in the gun, but she was responsible to ensure only blanks were in the gun. If they were using wadcutters, it could have been mistaken for a blank, but armors are trained to tell the difference. Where to breakdown came, we may never know.

"the prop gun used in the deadly shooting had been modified."

It had been modified...so what!!

He cocked the gun and pointed it at someone, which makes him culpable of manslaughter at the very least! Even if the trigger let off by itself, it couldn't have killed anyone if it hadn't been cocked and aimed. Gun safety that 10 year olds learn was too difficult for the full-of-himself actor and totally worthless human being.

Now he's pouring salt in the wounds by not only going on to finish the film in a sick display of not giving a damn, but deliberately having blood on his sleeves, and knowing how the depraved leftists think, it's probably from the victim.

If you're the armorer, I have no idea how you could not know the difference between a blank and a live round with a bullet.
Correct, they should know the difference. But at a quick glance a wadcutter might look like a blank, both are flat at the top of the brass. I would think all blanks would have a color designating them as blanks, Like bright yellow or orange.

There is a sig pistol that has known issues of firing without trigger being pulled. Is it possible on a single action prop gun? Seems unlikely
It's impossible for a single action prop gun to go off unless it's been cocked, making it a totally irrelevant defense, because he cocked the damn gun. Lawyers, getting rich, smug anti-gunners off again.

"the prop gun used in the deadly shooting had been modified."

It had been modified...so what!!

He cocked the gun and pointed it at someone, which makes him culpable of manslaughter at the very least! Even if the trigger let off by itself, it couldn't have killed anyone if it hadn't been cocked and aimed. Gun safety that 10 year olds learn was too difficult for the full-of-himself actor and totally worthless human being.

Now he's pouring salt in the wounds by not only going on to finish the film in a sick display of not giving a damn, but deliberately having blood on his sleeves, and knowing how the depraved leftists think, it's probably from the victim.
Modified how, was the transfer bar removed, or never installed in gun. Like I mentioned, if it was there the gun could not fire without pulling the trigger. Just not possible. I have a 1953 Ruger single six .22 without a transfer bar, I want to keep it original. I always have the hammer over and empty cylinder, because a sharp impact on the hammer could cause the gun to fire with out pulling the trigger. The "New Ruger single six", is called just that, they all have transfer bar.. I think Ruger first started that in 1973.

Horrible death...I don't know if it was negligence, crime, accident etc, because I wasn't there .... but what a horrible tragedy

let's move on

To those who don’t think Baldwin has any responsibility because it’s a movie set and it’s apparently someone else’s responsibility to make sure the gun is safe let me ask you this.

If i’m at a friends house and he tells me one of his guns are unloaded and safe so i pick it up and point it at someone, pull the trigger, and boom, i kill that person. Whose responsible me or my friend for that death?

I mean, it was on a movie set (meaning real life) not actually in a movie. Are you saying while working on a movie set you don’t have any real life responsibilities? Do you get away with this in any other job role on the planet?

To those who don’t think Baldwin has any responsibility because it’s a movie set and it’s apparently someone else’s responsibility to make sure the gun is safe let me ask you this.

If i’m at a friends house and he tells me one of his guns are unloaded and safe so i pick it up and point it at someone, pull the trigger, and boom, i kill that person. Whose responsible me or my friend for that death?

I mean, it was on a movie set (meaning real life) not actually in a movie. Are you saying while working on a movie set you don’t have any real life responsibilities? Do you get away with this in any other job role on the planet?
Great point.

It's a pretty basic safety rule. Real or not, don't point it at others if you don't intend harm.

That's how I teach my 3 year old daughter even with toy guns. She even ducks out of the way when other kids point guns at her.

Even my daughter is smarter than Alex Baldwin

Modified how, was the transfer bar removed, or never installed in gun. Like I mentioned, if it was there the gun could not fire without pulling the trigger. Just not possible. I have a 1953 Ruger single six .22 without a transfer bar, I want to keep it original. I always have the hammer over and empty cylinder, because a sharp impact on the hammer could cause the gun to fire with out pulling the trigger. The "New Ruger single six", is called just that, they all have transfer bar.. I think Ruger first started that in 1973.
They've found some leftist 'gun experts' to testify that the hammer could have fallen due to some blah-blah-blah and therefore, even though he pulled back the hammer, never checked the ammo or chambers, he's inculpable due to his crappy Trump imitation.

This is what politics in the courtroom looks like; innocent because he belongs to the side that thinks no one except holier-than-thou faux actors in crappy movies should be allowed to shoot at others. And if he kills someone, it must have been someone else's fault.

Back