I know I know

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
I know rokslide ain't for dirt bikes. but I cracked the bottom of my crank case on my 04 Suzuki drz 110 messing around jumping wheeling etc. but I need to know if j-b weld will work for holding it together or If I need to wait till I can get new engine cases and big bore or what I would like to know if you have a story holding your bike together. it's the j-b weld original 1:1 ratio of hardner to resin 15-24 hour drying period. ( not I put a small layer of j-b on the crack after I cleaned the crack then a piece of aluminum foil then more weld over the aluminum foil I have heard the foil help it work better idk I just tried it. I have heard a few good things about it and a few bad what do you think.

49ereric

WKR
Long ago the wife’s uncles used JB on a cracked engine block he failed to antifreeze properly. he cleaned the cast iron block extremely well before application of JB.
can‘t hurt to try

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
Long ago the wife’s uncles used JB on a cracked engine block he failed to antifreeze properly. he cleaned the cast iron block extremely well before application of JB.
can‘t hurt to try
I tried it I hope it works or 1800$ down the drain for new cases and big bore and internals prolly wouldn't hurt I replaced practically everthing on the bike already like bearings, cables, carb etc. but I hope it works for a few months/weeks but I will have to see if it hzolds I will be racing in April of 2025 so i will have the big bore then. but the place it's cracked is right at the frame where it mounts the motor so if I jump it it might crack again and it's cast iron in that spot so I can't weld it I don't think.

Weldor

WKR
Find a good weldor, Tig it up no need to replace it. Like doc holiday said.

Seth

WKR
I used Quik Steel on a DRZ case as a field repair. It held up well enough I never did anything else with it.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
You could get it Tig Welded
I might try I checked the j-b this morning 15 hours later rode the bike for 35 mins it ain't leaking no more if it starts to leak again I might get it Tig Welded or get aluminum rods for my stick welder it' aluminum where its at I thought it was cast iron but it aluminum

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
Find a good weldor, Tig it up no need to replace it. Like doc holiday said.
i can get aluminum rods for my stick welder its aluminum but the j-b is holding I waited 15 hours and rode for 35 mins on the bike no oil I will apply more j-b just to be safe but it should hold.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
I used Quik Steel on a DRZ case as a field repair. It held up well enough I never did anything else with it.
I used the original steel j-b weld the new quick steel is trash I hear so I got the long drying stuff It would not work on the trail tho it would take 4-6 hours to set mine took about 4 before it was set so the quick steel would work or that new putty j-b steel stuff that hardness like steel in 20 minutes

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
I used the original steel j-b weld the new quick steel is trash I hear so I got the long drying stuff It would not work on the trail tho it would take 4-6 hours to set mine took about 4 before it was set so the quick steel would work or that new putty j-b steel stuff that hardness like steel in 20 minutes
also when I say that I am talking about the stuff from 2020 to now when they changed the quick steel

hiker270

WKR
Had a large crack in a chainsaw gas tank. Cleaned it up and applied JB Weld and it never leaked again. I use JB Weld on a lot of stuff and it's never left me down.

Cracked my clutch cover when my rear brake lever punched into it after a crash and had some oil coming out. Drained the oil, cleaned it up and applied JB weld and have had zero issues since. That was a couple years ago. Was originally planning on getting a new clutch cover but have no need now.