I need a few new packrafts.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Well I’m ready to drop the $$$ on a few new rafts, one for me, one for the wife. The main use will be hunting (moose/caribou) fishing trips, camping, maybe a bit of exploration and hopefully just a lot of short day or overnight trips around where we live.

I’m thinking at least one of the rafts will
Need to be a Pr-49 HD, but I always like to have something else to play with. I’m wondering if it makes more sense to get my wife a simple one or to really splurge and get another full size, full feature raft like a forager.

What do all you guys use?

oh boy..i wish my life needed a packraft..

damn. you lucky dude..TWO!?

Yeah I mean if she comes hunting with me there won’t be room in one raft for 2 people, gear and a moose.

Plus if I get her a small basic one, I can use to when I go off on my solo hiking trips without having to haul a full size raft.

I have a PR49HD (with inflatable floor) and a Yukon Yak. For weight the PR is hard to beat...and still controllable with a single paddler...some of the larger rafts become difficult to manage with one person...especially when catching air. The Yukon Yak is nice for BP trips but doesn't hold much and becomes uncomfortable after a while. You're really talking apples and oranges. If you decide to get a bigger raft, get one you and the missus can share along with your moose and gear.

I have a PR49HD (with inflatable floor) and a Yukon Yak. For weight the PR is hard to beat...and still controllable with a single paddler...some of the larger rafts become difficult to manage with one person...especially when catching air. The Yukon Yak is nice for BP trips but doesn't hold much and becomes uncomfortable after a while. You're really talking apples and oranges. If you decide to get a bigger raft, get one you and the missus can share along with your moose and gear.

Hi thanks,

Im thinking one of them will be the PR49 HD with a floor.

Now to choose the smaller one for my wife.

Back