Idaho draw results 2023

Done the math? Not exactly, but I have an idea of it. I will continue to hunt units in other states i put in for with points that are as quality if not higher quality than the hunts I put in for as my controlled hunts in Idaho. I just have poor luck in draws with IDFG and am frustrated with it. I will continue to enjoy my otc tags that were fortunate enough to have and have a blast anyway

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
I’m the same way. I’ve drawn multiple tags in every point state I apply, MT/WY/NV/AZ/CO/NM/UT but in 6 years of applying in Idaho for tags above 20% odds I’ve yet to draw a tag. I can’t even get an OTC tag in December the past 2-3 years 😂
I’m not complaining, just funny how it works.

How are y'all checking results.
When I go to buy a license online, it puts me in a queu or something.
Before today I could see my apps..

Have you ever done the math on this and figured how many years it would take to draw if those premier units were on a point system? I'd bet you have 10+ years to go until you have a reasonable reason to complain....
How are y'all checking results.
When I go to buy a license online, it puts me in a queu or something.
Before today I could see my apps..
You have to wait in the queu then go in.

Tell me it’s time for a new vendor without telling me it’s time for a new vendor.

3e4e20ee1c9bc66729e461f4b7672681.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, if it's putting me in a waiting line to buy a tag, does that mean I drew something?
I'm not going to sit here and wait for 2000 other people to check their results.

So, if it's putting me in a waiting line to buy a tag, does that mean I drew something?
I'm not going to sit here and wait for 2000 other people to check their results.
Not necessarily. Just means a ton of people are out in front of you. I did get emails that I was not selected on a couple of hunts but was able to check before the system got bogged down and I drew a deer and elk tag.

I got the bad news email on deer.....but when I tried to check elk (still no email there) it put me in queue.

At 48 and having never drawn a tag.... I have little hope.

Nothing drawn for my daughter or myself this year. Its Her first application season. I haven't drawn a tag in Idaho since 1993 when I was a resident at the same age. Idaho has a interesting Draw system. My father drew one of the best Bull Elk Units and Buck units in the state, first attempt. Beats me.

Nothing. Good thing I have another tag. After drawing two years in a row (bull then cow) I struck out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well got really lucky and drew a good elk tag, in a group application no less. How do I exchange the controlled tag for my general tag? Im not seeing an option online, have to call in?

Back