Idaho draw

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
37,192 for me. Big Desert B, Pioneer B, and Diamond Creek were sold out with only 100 online customers gone. It's all in person sales.

I started 1,465 on phone sales queue, 45 minutes later, there are still... 1,465 people in front of me.

I feel like Charlie Brown, and IDFG is Lucy with the football.
So do NR guys literally take several days off work and fly to ID to buy a tag in person??? Or can someone buy a tag for you

gtriple

WKR
Guys say it every year, but how they dont have diff sale dates for deer and elk is baffling. How many of the 60k folks are trying for elk, and if they dont get one just buy a deer tag as a consolation?
That's just a band-aid on a bigger issue. Having 3 separate tag purchase methods is ludicrous.

Luckily, I didn't really plan on hunting Idaho this year. I've got MT and CO planned already. Was just trying my luck in ID.

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Guys say it every year, but how they dont have diff sale dates for deer and elk is baffling. How many of the 60k folks are trying for elk, and if they dont get one just buy a deer tag as a consolation?
This would be the best way to do it.

I got 1850 and was pretty fired up to get a number that good.. unfortunately there are 10 A tag zones sold out already and I haven't gotten in yet. LOL

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
37,192 for me. Big Desert B, Pioneer B, and Diamond Creek were sold out with only 100 online customers gone. It's all in person sales.

I started 1,465 on phone sales queue, 45 minutes later, there are still... 1,465 people in front of me.

I feel like Charlie Brown, and IDFG is Lucy with the football.
That is the weird part. 51 minutes on hold and not one caller has gone through. Fun times. I'm glad I just plan on being on my couch for this each year.

bigbuckdj

WKR
i just dont understand, theres more than a thousand tags gone before the first hundred online people make it through. i said i wouldnt do it anymore after last years fiasco, and here i am with a black eye again.

Marble

WKR
Finally got a tag. Brownlee A. I was number 1452.

Never been there but I'll figure it out.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
By my count, 25 guys on my plane to ID to buy tags. I talked to 10 of them.

25 in line at the rural vendor I was at. I can only imagine the shit show at the F&G or somewhere like Cabelas.

Flying in used to be a good strategy- no more.

The unit I wanted was sold out at 10:02, but still showing available on the website.

moeleo

WKR
That's just a band-aid on a bigger issue. Having 3 separate tag purchase methods is ludicrous.

Luckily, I didn't really plan on hunting Idaho this year. I've got MT and CO planned already. Was just trying my luck in ID.

Agree 100%. Physical plus online is jacked up. Just level the playing field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
So do NR guys literally take several days off work and fly to ID to buy a tag in person??? Or can someone buy a tag for you
Yes, my buddy was in person at a vendor and the two people in front of him had flown from Iowa with 8 of their buddies info and bought 8 tags between the two of them.

philcox

WKR
Yes, my buddy was in person at a vendor and the two people in front of him had flown from Iowa with 8 of their buddies info and bought 8 tags between the two of them.
THIS is why the Zone I was able to get the last couple years at number 4000+, was gone before 600. Should have to have skin in the game to buy a tag physically. IDFG usually has a feedback period, that will be my feedback "You must be present to win" (so to speak).

sterlryu

FNG
#2600 in line online and my options A, B, C, and D were all out. Good to know about the in person option, but might hunt a different state next year.

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
I missed out on an elk tag, but am at least heading out for mule deer in '24.

hartigjosh

Lil-Rokslider
Spending a $1000 to travel to buy a general tag in Idaho? What am I missing here? Dudes really traveled all the way there to buy a general elk tag? I feel like the amount of shit I shake my head at these days in the hunting community has me numb to how stupid it all really is…

-WARDOG-

FNG
I am an Idaho resident. My three non-rez hunting partners got kicked out of the IDFG website system when their numbers came up. Our Elk zone has since sold out. Their numbers were as low as 8,000 up to 21,000.
They called IDFG and were 1700 in line to talk to an agent. Now IDFG is telling them to leave a number and IDFG will call them back. The IDFG system is having serious issues like last year or there are so many non-rez travelling to Idaho to buy tags over the counter.

Calbuck

WKR
Such a complete shit show and I’m sure the residents who hate NR are beaming..but I chose to sit out the mess..I’ll put in for a draw or buy later if a tag I want comes available. Not worth it to me.