Idaho Panhandle Fire Closures

Randle

WKR
That was fire was close to a friends house , we went out help evac but it missed his place by only 1/4 mile watched it blow north/east . It was strange to watch it as it began to pour rain.

Shrek

WKR
Rain ! Rain ! Rain ! I sure hope what's falling is enough. I got a message from Jon Boy last night and he's working the Clark's Fork complex and when I sent him a farewell of " be safe" his farewell was "it's sketchy" . There's much more important reasons these fires need to end than our hunting. Three dead firefighters already and scores of homes and property destroyed. Rain baby rain !

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rain is finally here and got soaked yesterday running around checking all cams before the closure...come on rain gods!

I was in Trout Creek last weekend, it was pouring rain when I left and all the way up over Thompson Pass. I was almost down to Kingston before it stopped raining when I caught up to a couple of Forest Service trucks sand the Prescott Hot Shot van, looked like they were leaving the area.

I read a report earlier today from the Forest Service saying it wasn't enough rain that closures are still in effect.

Forecast is predicting 50% chance of rain this Saturday and Sunday (5th and 6th), so keep your fingers crossed.

Looks like we may get a season ender rain storm this weekend (fingers crossed). Almost 2 inches forecast for Helena and up to 3 on the front range. Hope some of that hits WA and ID before us and puts this fire season to rest. Yeah, it's opening weekend but I'll gladly take the pissing rain.

coop2424

WKR
So I am pretty sure the closure to panhandle is lifted and it is no longer closed.. Talked to them this morning and they said it was going to be changed tonight. I now went on their website and the closure listing that was there is no longer there.. Anyone get an official announcement?

Mike7

WKR
There is a new map for the Grizzly Complex Closure on the NF Website this evening that apparently takes effect tomorrow, and it looks like it opens up Unit 3 and much of Unit 4 now. Yes!

Terrapin

WKR
Any word on the private timber companies like Potlatch, Stimson, Plum Creek and Inland Paper?

_RJ_

FNG
Last weekend we got a good dousing of moisture here (Oregon) by the Canyon Complex fire. Even snowed a bit on our hunt.

Try to zoom in on the skyline. Snow still sticking.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441808691.586501.jpg

avodude

Lil-Rokslider
Any word on the private timber companies like Potlatch, Stimson, Plum Creek and Inland Paper?

I called Potlatch yesterday and there is a meeting with the Idaho Department of Lands scheduled today. Supposedly they will take the IDL recommendation and open it up, hopefully, today.